My JTIS is on a computer with a blown power pack.
I've had my tracking taken back to spec but was wondering what correct camber and caster should be and how they are adjusted (as was possible on lighter sports-cars I've driven). Also who could do this work?
Reading front to back settings are:
Left Right
Caster 5.51 6.61
Camber -0.19 -0.26
Camber -1.19 -1.11
Regards
Mark
Camber & Caster Settings and adjustment
Moderators:MarkX, mike020150
-
mike020150

- Posts:3469
- Joined:Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:26 pm
The settings in JTIS for a mid age car (2000MY) are:
Front camber +0.3 to -0.9 degs balance 1.0 deg
caster +5.0 to +8.0 degs balance 1.2 deg
Toe-in 0.2 to +/- 0.2 deg
Rear camber -0.1 to -0.9deg
Rear toe-in 0.3 +/- 0.2deg
Any decent wheel alignment garage with laser four wheel alignment kit should be able to set the car up. Mike.
Front camber +0.3 to -0.9 degs balance 1.0 deg
caster +5.0 to +8.0 degs balance 1.2 deg
Toe-in 0.2 to +/- 0.2 deg
Rear camber -0.1 to -0.9deg
Rear toe-in 0.3 +/- 0.2deg
Any decent wheel alignment garage with laser four wheel alignment kit should be able to set the car up. Mike.
Mike, have since learnt that Camber & Caster are not adjustable on our cars without an adjuster kit being fitted.
I used Elite in Rainham/Essex (just because I was passing) who have a renowned reputation for 4 wheel laser alignment/tracking (although 5 years ago they managed to over-inflate one of my tyres by 10 PSI).
In other cars I have had more aggressive settings could be used to improve race and street handling/responsiveness.
Mark
I used Elite in Rainham/Essex (just because I was passing) who have a renowned reputation for 4 wheel laser alignment/tracking (although 5 years ago they managed to over-inflate one of my tyres by 10 PSI).
In other cars I have had more aggressive settings could be used to improve race and street handling/responsiveness.
Mark
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests