Fuel tank evap and pressure system
Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:14 am
Hi,
I have a 2005 xkr coupe, and recently had the tank replaced due to a leaking seam (tyre well fills with petrol, not good). Sadly the dealer made a mess of fitting the new tank and kinked the feed hoses when installing the tank. I also had a problem that showed that the tank would only fill to 3/4 full. On returning the car to the dealer it turns out that the tank had been sucked in! Probably the reason for the first tank failing. The new tank was also exhibiting noises that suggested the tank was being squeezed during driving. I took it back to main dealer and they fitted a new evap valve and canister, sadly there is still intermittent noise from the tank which suggests to me that this system is still not working properly. Most obvious thing to do is go back to main dealer but I have lost confidence in their ability to fix this fault. Has anyone had a similar problem with fuel tank and how was it solved?
I have a 2005 xkr coupe, and recently had the tank replaced due to a leaking seam (tyre well fills with petrol, not good). Sadly the dealer made a mess of fitting the new tank and kinked the feed hoses when installing the tank. I also had a problem that showed that the tank would only fill to 3/4 full. On returning the car to the dealer it turns out that the tank had been sucked in! Probably the reason for the first tank failing. The new tank was also exhibiting noises that suggested the tank was being squeezed during driving. I took it back to main dealer and they fitted a new evap valve and canister, sadly there is still intermittent noise from the tank which suggests to me that this system is still not working properly. Most obvious thing to do is go back to main dealer but I have lost confidence in their ability to fix this fault. Has anyone had a similar problem with fuel tank and how was it solved?