Gradual increase of raw fuel smell particularly when cold. I can see a small leak from the fuel rail pulse damper upon start up, which recedes once the car is warmed up. I have read a few old posts on the matter, it seems the damper is available at £120.00, but it necessitates removal of Supercharger and heat exchangers, big job for small part. Anyone had experience of this problem? I would ideally like to just replace the sealing washer(s) but it seems they are unavailable as a separate units. Some have suggested capping off the dampers, there is one on each bank. There is the second-hand option of buying complete fuel rail, but the fuel rail would still have old seals on the dampers.
Secondly, introduction of E10 fuel. I have had to put a few gallons in recently though I don't think it would be that fast acting. The Government website said all Jaguars after 1991 fine to use E10 fuel? Any help, or ideas would be appreciated.
Leaking Fuel Rail Pulse Damper, Fuel Rail: 2003 Jaguar XKR
Moderators:MarkX, mike020150
Re: Leaking Fuel Rail Pulse Damper, Fuel Rail: 2003 Jaguar XKR
Hi
Try Richards Bros (01209 212234 - https://www.richardsbros.com/) for seals. A few years ago, I obtained replacement seals for Fuel Injectors on my 2002MY XK8 (they did not do single seals only packs of 10) Much cheaper than a replacement Injector as Jaguar only sold complete Injectors for my MY! Richards Bros were very helpful.
they also service & test Petrol (& Diesel) Fuel Injectors - a good idea to get this done on XK's that are getting on in years.
AllanJ
Try Richards Bros (01209 212234 - https://www.richardsbros.com/) for seals. A few years ago, I obtained replacement seals for Fuel Injectors on my 2002MY XK8 (they did not do single seals only packs of 10) Much cheaper than a replacement Injector as Jaguar only sold complete Injectors for my MY! Richards Bros were very helpful.
they also service & test Petrol (& Diesel) Fuel Injectors - a good idea to get this done on XK's that are getting on in years.
AllanJ
XK8 Registrar
2016 F-Type British Design Edition AWD; 1972 650 Triton
2016 F-Type British Design Edition AWD; 1972 650 Triton
Re: Leaking Fuel Rail Pulse Damper, Fuel Rail: 2003 Jaguar XKR
Many thanks for the information. I contacted them today and they were as you say very helpful and they are sending me two seals. I shall have a crack at the job and in the process change the valley hoses which I was planning this winter anyway. I hope after several hours work the new seals hold. I shall report when finished.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
