Page 1 of 1

Bumper / wiper query

Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:45 pm
by PTR200Jag
Can someone please confirm the colour of the "bumper knobs" above the reg plate holder on an XK8 ? Mine appear to be painted silver but are peeling to reveal a dark coloured base.

Also, is there some sort of rubber/plastic cover over the securing nut on the passenger side wiper? I can't believe its open to the elements!

Re: Bumper / wiper query

Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:42 am
by aaj
Hi

The Colour of the two Overriders should be Dorchester Grey Code LDP
This is the same colour as the front 7 rear screen surrounds

there should be a Black 'Cap' over the Windscreen Washer securing nut.

Regards

Allan Jones

Re: Bumper / wiper query

Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:18 pm
by PTR200Jag
Brilliant, ! Thanks you, you're a star! :D

Looks like someone has silver painted over them but now you mention the grey I can see that the "dark coloured base" is actually the true colour....

Thought as much re the caps, not something that would be left open to the elements on a car like this !
Wonder if they are available, the list of requirements grows longer ! only 6 days into ownership as well!

Re: Bumper / wiper query

Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:44 pm
by J44EAG
Probably the sort of thing to be found at a Jag breaker. That and many other useful goodies for low prices!

Try Andy at Autoreserve on ebay. He has some good XK stuff around.

Mike K

Re: Bumper / wiper query

Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:53 am
by aaj
There was a 'Cap' missing from my XK when I bought it. I think it cost less than £2.00 at the Main Dealer

AllanJ

Re: Bumper / wiper query

Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:51 pm
by PTR200Jag
There was a 'Cap' missing from my XK when I bought it. I think it cost less than £2.00 at the Main Dealer

AllanJ
Yep, you are right!
Got my price for the wiper arm cap (but they have to order them !) £1.51 PLUS (!!) vat ...

My door clips, another bit of plastic, are 71p plus vat each ... and there are 18 on each door !! Good job I don't need all of them !

Re: Bumper / wiper query

Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:02 pm
by PTR200Jag
Hi

The Colour of the two Overriders should be Dorchester Grey Code LDP
This is the same colour as the front 7 rear screen surrounds


Regards

Allan Jones
Well cracked on this morning having a go at getting the paint off the overiders, it was very thick and sprayed all over everything :(

Tried a few removers but ended up using thinners as nothing else would soften the paint. It was a metallic silver, thick and gooey once the thinners got a hold of it.

I was concerned about the Dorchester grey finish I could see underneath the silver as to whether it would succumb to the thinners but it didn't :o

Had to reassemble to go out but getting there now with a few corners to finish.

Before

Image

Image

After

Image