Can someone please confirm the colour of the "bumper knobs" above the reg plate holder on an XK8 ? Mine appear to be painted silver but are peeling to reveal a dark coloured base.
Also, is there some sort of rubber/plastic cover over the securing nut on the passenger side wiper? I can't believe its open to the elements!
Bumper / wiper query
Moderators:MarkX, mike020150
XK8 MY2002
Re: Bumper / wiper query
Hi
The Colour of the two Overriders should be Dorchester Grey Code LDP
This is the same colour as the front 7 rear screen surrounds
there should be a Black 'Cap' over the Windscreen Washer securing nut.
Regards
Allan Jones
The Colour of the two Overriders should be Dorchester Grey Code LDP
This is the same colour as the front 7 rear screen surrounds
there should be a Black 'Cap' over the Windscreen Washer securing nut.
Regards
Allan Jones
XK8 Registrar
2016 F-Type British Design Edition AWD; 1972 650 Triton
2016 F-Type British Design Edition AWD; 1972 650 Triton
Re: Bumper / wiper query
Brilliant, ! Thanks you, you're a star!
Looks like someone has silver painted over them but now you mention the grey I can see that the "dark coloured base" is actually the true colour....
Thought as much re the caps, not something that would be left open to the elements on a car like this !
Wonder if they are available, the list of requirements grows longer ! only 6 days into ownership as well!
Looks like someone has silver painted over them but now you mention the grey I can see that the "dark coloured base" is actually the true colour....
Thought as much re the caps, not something that would be left open to the elements on a car like this !
Wonder if they are available, the list of requirements grows longer ! only 6 days into ownership as well!
XK8 MY2002
Re: Bumper / wiper query
Probably the sort of thing to be found at a Jag breaker. That and many other useful goodies for low prices!
Try Andy at Autoreserve on ebay. He has some good XK stuff around.
Mike K
Try Andy at Autoreserve on ebay. He has some good XK stuff around.
Mike K
X350 Co-ordinator
2004 XJR
2004 XJR
Re: Bumper / wiper query
There was a 'Cap' missing from my XK when I bought it. I think it cost less than £2.00 at the Main Dealer
AllanJ
AllanJ
XK8 Registrar
2016 F-Type British Design Edition AWD; 1972 650 Triton
2016 F-Type British Design Edition AWD; 1972 650 Triton
Re: Bumper / wiper query
Yep, you are right!There was a 'Cap' missing from my XK when I bought it. I think it cost less than £2.00 at the Main Dealer
AllanJ
Got my price for the wiper arm cap (but they have to order them !) £1.51 PLUS (!!) vat ...
My door clips, another bit of plastic, are 71p plus vat each ... and there are 18 on each door !! Good job I don't need all of them !
XK8 MY2002
Re: Bumper / wiper query
Well cracked on this morning having a go at getting the paint off the overiders, it was very thick and sprayed all over everythingHi
The Colour of the two Overriders should be Dorchester Grey Code LDP
This is the same colour as the front 7 rear screen surrounds
Regards
Allan Jones
Tried a few removers but ended up using thinners as nothing else would soften the paint. It was a metallic silver, thick and gooey once the thinners got a hold of it.
I was concerned about the Dorchester grey finish I could see underneath the silver as to whether it would succumb to the thinners but it didn't
Had to reassemble to go out but getting there now with a few corners to finish.
Before


After

XK8 MY2002
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
