Jaguar XK8 Spoiler

Moderators:MarkX, mike020150

User avatar
DougX

Member
Posts:422
Joined:Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:02 pm
Location:Chelmsford
Jaguar XK8 Spoiler

Postby DougX » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:40 pm

Hi, As anyone knowledge of how the boot spoiler is affixed to the rear boot on an XK8?
Is it stuck on or screwed?
I have the standard smaller spoiler but want to get hold of a XKR spoiler which is slightly bigger. :?

mike020150

Member
Posts:3469
Joined:Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:26 pm

Re: Jaguar XK8 Spoiler

Postby mike020150 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:18 am

From memory, it's stuck in position but not trusting my poor memory I went into the Topix system to double check. Weirdly, the spoiler/rear wing doesn't appear when I searched for it so I still can't be 100% sure - sorry! Mike. :?
2014 XK Dynamic R convertible; 1977 Daimler Double Six Coupe; 2023 XE AWD 300S

User avatar
DougX

Member
Posts:422
Joined:Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:02 pm
Location:Chelmsford

Re: Jaguar XK8 Spoiler

Postby DougX » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:34 am

Thanks Mike. I was going to ask you at Thoresby but after seeing you as I arrived, I failed to find you afterwards. I checked the beer van regularly but still didn't see you!!!! lol. :wink:

mike020150

Member
Posts:3469
Joined:Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:26 pm

Re: Jaguar XK8 Spoiler

Postby mike020150 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:58 pm

I had to stay sober in case anyone asked a difficult question! :) Mike.
2014 XK Dynamic R convertible; 1977 Daimler Double Six Coupe; 2023 XE AWD 300S

User avatar
DougX

Member
Posts:422
Joined:Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:02 pm
Location:Chelmsford

Re: Jaguar XK8 Spoiler

Postby DougX » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:17 am

Managed to identify the spoiler and the Jaguar Part Number. Found one on a breakers website in Cheshire. Should be with me on Tuesday. For those that are interested, here are the two typs of spoilers and their respective part numbers.
Attachments
Boot Spoiler 2 (566x800).jpg

mike020150

Member
Posts:3469
Joined:Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:26 pm

Re: Jaguar XK8 Spoiler

Postby mike020150 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:18 am

Hi Doug,
I have kept digging and there are actually four spoilers listed by Jaguar! HJB6160AA (to VIN 024686) HJB6160AB (from 024687 to VIN A40264); C2N2897 (from A40265 to A42111); and C2N3406 (A42112 onwards). Don't ask about the differences. They may be as subtle as changes in the glue! Mike.
2014 XK Dynamic R convertible; 1977 Daimler Double Six Coupe; 2023 XE AWD 300S


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests