Page 1 of 1

Remote control of convertible top

Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:47 pm
by smoggy1965
Mike

Nice to see the web site back, wondered if it would ever happen, during the cold Yorkshire winter!

Though on a positive note the break allowed me to use other Jag forums where I found among other things:-

A device to control the roof of your cabrio using your existing remote (getting one and can't wait).

A way to put any Sat Nav or videio signal etc onto the existing redundant Sat Nav screens, even thinking of replacing my 3 dials for one of them.

regards

Re: WELCOME!

Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:54 pm
by smoggy1965
Mike

I notice the forum clock is posting stuff 1 hour early, probably still set to GMT

regards

Re: WELCOME!

Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:32 am
by mike020150
Hi,
If you go into the user control panel, you have the option of ticking a box for summer time. I'd guess that it's not set on your computer. Do that and normal time will be resumed!

More interesting is your comment about roof opening. I'm puzzled because my X100 convertible (& my X150) had the facility to open and close the roof using the key remote. What else does your new device do? Mike. :?:

Re: WELCOME!

Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:42 pm
by smoggy1965
Mike

Thanks for the BST correction I'll look at that now.

My 1999 hood does not come down using the fob, I have to use the button near the gear stick or the key in the door.

Did your x100 have a 5th button on the remote? Mine just has 4 buttons, lock, unlock, headlights and boot!

regards

Re: WELCOME!

Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:02 pm
by mike020150
:oops: Apologies, you're right! Unlike the X150, the X100 remote doesn't have the global opening facility. My rubbish memory was confusing it with the global opening facility using the KEY. It will be good to know what else your new device does when it arrives. Mike.

Re: WELCOME!

Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:59 pm
by smoggy1965
Mike

I thought I had missed something then!

The device I spoke off used the headlight on and unlock buttons to activate the "key in the door" hood and windows down. + the Headlamps on and Lock button to activate the "key in the door" hood and windows up.

The following link shows how its developed.

http://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk8-x ... ant-53390/

regards

Re: Remote control of convertible top

Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:51 am
by mike020150
What a good modification. I'm sure others will be interested to read this thread. Mike.

Re: Remote control of convertible top

Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:32 am
by smoggy1965
Mines on order, apparently the first RHD one.

I can't wait, I just hope the summer lases a few more weeks... :lol:

http://www.thejagwrangler.com/

Re: Remote control of convertible top

Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:57 am
by mike020150
:D Keep us all posted on progress. Mike.

Re: Remote control of convertible top

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:06 pm
by smoggy1965
:D Keep us all posted on progress. Mike.
Mike

Kit to raise and lower roof with remote arrived. It was a complete kit with all parts included I just added tools and fitted in about 3 hours.

Its the first in the UK, or so I'm told. So I took it to Chatsworth House today for South Yorkshire regions Picnic in the Park and had to pass on the details to a few other XK8 cabrio owners.

Once you see it, it's a must have :D :) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: and dare I say,,, very cool 8) :lol:

Cost me £121 (depends on exchange rate to US$).

There are videos on utube, not by me, showing:-

How it Works http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diUu8Vid ... re=related

How to Install it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAplz6LWxGo

Further details including installation instructions are available at http://www.thejagwrangler.com/

The American guy who developed this, owns a white XKR convertible and just happens to be a controls/ electronics engineer) is also after ideas for more products, Lucky Us!! I have asked for remote starting to allow winter defrost, (i.e. being able to open the doors without having to chip ice from the door windows).

I await in hope of its arrival before the British Winter.

hope you find this useful.

Re: Remote control of convertible top

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:34 pm
by mike020150
Fantastic! What a great piece of kit. Mike.