Hello
My 1998 xk8 coupe has a leak into the rear offside passenger footwell. It seems to be coming in down the b-post under the plastic covering, as if it is coming in via the water channel above the door/rear window junction. There seems to be some sort of mastic filler already in there.
Anybody got any clues?
Thanks
Dave
====
leaks into rear footwell
Moderators:MarkX, mike020150
Hi Dave!
I'm new to this forum so I have not been able to reply earlier. I hope that You have found a cure for Your car, but if not here is my suggestion.
I had the same problem with my 1997 coupe. I thought that the water came from above - but it didn't. The leak was traced to the left side wheel house. There is a rubber plug and it was not fitted correctly in my car. It allowed water to pass through when the wheel was throwing it around when driving on wet roads.
The water slowly filled a beam under the back seat. When the water level was about 2 inches up in the beam it reached a hole and entered the rear footwell, very close to the B-post.
I cured it by taking the rubber plug out and putting it back with a lot of sealant.
All the best
swedane
I'm new to this forum so I have not been able to reply earlier. I hope that You have found a cure for Your car, but if not here is my suggestion.
I had the same problem with my 1997 coupe. I thought that the water came from above - but it didn't. The leak was traced to the left side wheel house. There is a rubber plug and it was not fitted correctly in my car. It allowed water to pass through when the wheel was throwing it around when driving on wet roads.
The water slowly filled a beam under the back seat. When the water level was about 2 inches up in the beam it reached a hole and entered the rear footwell, very close to the B-post.
I cured it by taking the rubber plug out and putting it back with a lot of sealant.
All the best
swedane
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests
