Page 1 of 1

Convertible Rear Window Replacement?

Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:25 pm
by davidr
Hi All - the heating elements on the rear screen of my 2001 XKR convertible are shot away with only a couple of them being intact so the de-misting function Is no longer effective. I have purchased a kit to repair it but it all looks a bit fiddly and access isn't all that easy. I'm well over 50 now and have to admit that I'm not as flexible as I once was and lying on my back in the rear seat to apply the kit may no longer be a realistic option! :D
So, my mind has gone to simply replacing the rear screen. But I've no idea how easy (or not!) that is to do.
Has anybody any experience or advice?

Re: Convertible Rear Window Replacement?

Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:04 pm
by andypryce
I have tried the repair kits before, to be honest they are not much use. Might be worth contacting a company like Autoglass and see if they could replace the screen for you?