Page 1 of 1

Can anyone recommend a body shop in North Somerset?

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:30 am
by Datz
A couple of years back I had a local Body Shop deal with the usual problem with the rust bubbled rear wheel arches - annoyingly it proved to be a temporary fix and the bubbles are back. I've had a quote from John Lenthall and a local specialist of £1250+VAT per side (£3000) to replace the arches and make good. As my XK8 is a 2004 convertible with > 155,000 miles on the clock this represents a significant percentage of it's value and leaves me wondering how much more of my dwindling reserves I can commit to it. Ideally then I'm looking for a local body shop that JEC members have confidence in to do a less comprehensive but cosmetic repair. If I can get another 2-3 years fun before making it somebody else's project I'd be happy

Re: Can anyone recommend a body shop in North Somerset?

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:09 pm
by X200ROG
A couple of years back I had a local Body Shop deal with the usual problem with the rust bubbled rear wheel arches - annoyingly it proved to be a temporary fix and the bubbles are back. I've had a quote from John Lenthall and a local specialist of £1250+VAT per side (£3000) to replace the arches and make good. As my XK8 is a 2004 convertible with > 155,000 miles on the clock this represents a significant percentage of it's value and leaves me wondering how much more of my dwindling reserves I can commit to it. Ideally then I'm looking for a local body shop that JEC members have confidence in to do a less comprehensive but cosmetic repair. If I can get another 2-3 years fun before making it somebody else's project I'd be happy
Have you spoken to Robert Sparey, Robin? - he lives in that area

Re: Can anyone recommend a body shop in North Somerset?

Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:10 am
by Datz
A couple of years back I had a local Body Shop deal with the usual problem with the rust bubbled rear wheel arches - annoyingly it proved to be a temporary fix and the bubbles are back. I've had a quote from John Lenthall and a local specialist of £1250+VAT per side (£3000) to replace the arches and make good. As my XK8 is a 2004 convertible with > 155,000 miles on the clock this represents a significant percentage of it's value and leaves me wondering how much more of my dwindling reserves I can commit to it. Ideally then I'm looking for a local body shop that JEC members have confidence in to do a less comprehensive but cosmetic repair. If I can get another 2-3 years fun before making it somebody else's project I'd be happy
Have you spoken to Robert Sparey, Robin? - he lives in that area

Seriously Rog? , my car is blue not yellow and all the panels fit and the shut lines are good and I want it to stay that way :D

Re: Can anyone recommend a body shop in North Somerset?

Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:18 am
by X200ROG
A couple of years back I had a local Body Shop deal with the usual problem with the rust bubbled rear wheel arches - annoyingly it proved to be a temporary fix and the bubbles are back. I've had a quote from John Lenthall and a local specialist of £1250+VAT per side (£3000) to replace the arches and make good. As my XK8 is a 2004 convertible with > 155,000 miles on the clock this represents a significant percentage of it's value and leaves me wondering how much more of my dwindling reserves I can commit to it. Ideally then I'm looking for a local body shop that JEC members have confidence in to do a less comprehensive but cosmetic repair. If I can get another 2-3 years fun before making it somebody else's project I'd be happy
Have you spoken to Robert Sparey, Robin? - he lives in that area

Seriously Rog? , my car is blue not yellow and all the panels fit and the shut lines are good and I want it to stay that way :D
Bah Humbug Robin :lol: