Can anyone recommend a body shop in North Somerset?

Moderators:MarkX, mike020150

Datz
Posts:2
Joined:Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:28 pm
Can anyone recommend a body shop in North Somerset?

Postby Datz » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:30 am

A couple of years back I had a local Body Shop deal with the usual problem with the rust bubbled rear wheel arches - annoyingly it proved to be a temporary fix and the bubbles are back. I've had a quote from John Lenthall and a local specialist of £1250+VAT per side (£3000) to replace the arches and make good. As my XK8 is a 2004 convertible with > 155,000 miles on the clock this represents a significant percentage of it's value and leaves me wondering how much more of my dwindling reserves I can commit to it. Ideally then I'm looking for a local body shop that JEC members have confidence in to do a less comprehensive but cosmetic repair. If I can get another 2-3 years fun before making it somebody else's project I'd be happy

User avatar
X200ROG
Posts:29
Joined:Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:24 pm

Re: Can anyone recommend a body shop in North Somerset?

Postby X200ROG » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:09 pm

A couple of years back I had a local Body Shop deal with the usual problem with the rust bubbled rear wheel arches - annoyingly it proved to be a temporary fix and the bubbles are back. I've had a quote from John Lenthall and a local specialist of £1250+VAT per side (£3000) to replace the arches and make good. As my XK8 is a 2004 convertible with > 155,000 miles on the clock this represents a significant percentage of it's value and leaves me wondering how much more of my dwindling reserves I can commit to it. Ideally then I'm looking for a local body shop that JEC members have confidence in to do a less comprehensive but cosmetic repair. If I can get another 2-3 years fun before making it somebody else's project I'd be happy
Have you spoken to Robert Sparey, Robin? - he lives in that area
Rog

Growing old is inevitable - growing up is optional, so live each day like it's your last 'cos one day, it will be
Anthracite 2001 XKR coupé with lots of bling

Datz
Posts:2
Joined:Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:28 pm

Re: Can anyone recommend a body shop in North Somerset?

Postby Datz » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:10 am

A couple of years back I had a local Body Shop deal with the usual problem with the rust bubbled rear wheel arches - annoyingly it proved to be a temporary fix and the bubbles are back. I've had a quote from John Lenthall and a local specialist of £1250+VAT per side (£3000) to replace the arches and make good. As my XK8 is a 2004 convertible with > 155,000 miles on the clock this represents a significant percentage of it's value and leaves me wondering how much more of my dwindling reserves I can commit to it. Ideally then I'm looking for a local body shop that JEC members have confidence in to do a less comprehensive but cosmetic repair. If I can get another 2-3 years fun before making it somebody else's project I'd be happy
Have you spoken to Robert Sparey, Robin? - he lives in that area

Seriously Rog? , my car is blue not yellow and all the panels fit and the shut lines are good and I want it to stay that way :D

User avatar
X200ROG
Posts:29
Joined:Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:24 pm

Re: Can anyone recommend a body shop in North Somerset?

Postby X200ROG » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:18 am

A couple of years back I had a local Body Shop deal with the usual problem with the rust bubbled rear wheel arches - annoyingly it proved to be a temporary fix and the bubbles are back. I've had a quote from John Lenthall and a local specialist of £1250+VAT per side (£3000) to replace the arches and make good. As my XK8 is a 2004 convertible with > 155,000 miles on the clock this represents a significant percentage of it's value and leaves me wondering how much more of my dwindling reserves I can commit to it. Ideally then I'm looking for a local body shop that JEC members have confidence in to do a less comprehensive but cosmetic repair. If I can get another 2-3 years fun before making it somebody else's project I'd be happy
Have you spoken to Robert Sparey, Robin? - he lives in that area

Seriously Rog? , my car is blue not yellow and all the panels fit and the shut lines are good and I want it to stay that way :D
Bah Humbug Robin :lol:
Rog

Growing old is inevitable - growing up is optional, so live each day like it's your last 'cos one day, it will be
Anthracite 2001 XKR coupé with lots of bling


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests