I am thinking of buying a low mileage 40k 2004 X100 Which areas should I be looking at for any potential rust.
I know there are quite a few post's on here concerning rust but they seem to be for earlier models.
Thanks in advance.
Jeff
Where to look for rust.
Moderators:MarkX, mike020150
S Type 2.7d SE Auto 2004 Now sold but still a lover of older Jags.
Previous Jaguars.
1967 3.8 S Type.
Series 1 XJ 4.2
Series 2 XJ 4.2
Previous Jaguars.
1967 3.8 S Type.
Series 1 XJ 4.2
Series 2 XJ 4.2
Re: Where to look for rust.
Rear wheelarches, rear wing behind wheelarch - right above the bumper, floorpan where the "extra" plates trap water - difficult to see unless on a ramp, rear subframe. I speak from experience! The other common rust area, which cannot be seen without some disassembly, is behind the front suspension struts. All these cars will have some rust in some of these areas at some point in their lives. Even if you find some, unless it is really dire, it can be dealt with. Good luck!
Re: Where to look for rust.
Thank's for that mikeanson,
The car's only got 40k on the clock is a one owner and It's at a main dealer that took it as a part ex for a new F.Type. I have done a past MOT check and there as been no mention of rust. I have had a look round it underneath ect and it looks quite clean.
Jeff
The car's only got 40k on the clock is a one owner and It's at a main dealer that took it as a part ex for a new F.Type. I have done a past MOT check and there as been no mention of rust. I have had a look round it underneath ect and it looks quite clean.
Jeff
S Type 2.7d SE Auto 2004 Now sold but still a lover of older Jags.
Previous Jaguars.
1967 3.8 S Type.
Series 1 XJ 4.2
Series 2 XJ 4.2
Previous Jaguars.
1967 3.8 S Type.
Series 1 XJ 4.2
Series 2 XJ 4.2
Re: Where to look for rust.
Well - did you or didn't you?!
Re: Where to look for rust.
Very late reply to last post. No someone beat me to it. But the guy who bought it put 2000 mls on the clock and for some reason sold it back to the dealer (bereavement in the family I think) Then the dealer re advertised it for £2000 more than the original price and I was having none of that.
Jeff
Jeff
S Type 2.7d SE Auto 2004 Now sold but still a lover of older Jags.
Previous Jaguars.
1967 3.8 S Type.
Series 1 XJ 4.2
Series 2 XJ 4.2
Previous Jaguars.
1967 3.8 S Type.
Series 1 XJ 4.2
Series 2 XJ 4.2
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests
