Convertible Rear Window Replacement?

Moderators:MarkX, mike020150

davidr

Moderator
Posts:2464
Joined:Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:31 pm
Location:Salisbury, Wilts
Convertible Rear Window Replacement?

Postby davidr » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:25 pm

Hi All - the heating elements on the rear screen of my 2001 XKR convertible are shot away with only a couple of them being intact so the de-misting function Is no longer effective. I have purchased a kit to repair it but it all looks a bit fiddly and access isn't all that easy. I'm well over 50 now and have to admit that I'm not as flexible as I once was and lying on my back in the rear seat to apply the kit may no longer be a realistic option! :D
So, my mind has gone to simply replacing the rear screen. But I've no idea how easy (or not!) that is to do.
Has anybody any experience or advice?
XJS FORUM COORDINATOR
1996 XJS Celebration Convertible 2001 XKR Convertible

Previously enjoyed!
1989 XJ-S V12 Coupe. 2006 XJ TDVi Sovereign. 1995 XJ6 3.2. 2013 XF 2.2d. 2009 X Type 2.0d Sovereign estate

andypryce

Member
Posts:1276
Joined:Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:43 am
Location:Liverpool

Re: Convertible Rear Window Replacement?

Postby andypryce » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:04 pm

I have tried the repair kits before, to be honest they are not much use. Might be worth contacting a company like Autoglass and see if they could replace the screen for you?
Andy

XF Sportbrake 2020 / XK8 1998


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests