2006 X150 Drivers side door lock

Moderators:MarkX, mike020150

ron.thomas
Posts:13
Joined:Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:34 pm
2006 X150 Drivers side door lock

Postby ron.thomas » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:40 pm

I have an intermittent problem with the lock on my driver side door. Sometimes when closing, the door does not latch fully closed and the alarm draws attention to it. It sounds as if there is something loose when I close the door so I plan to remove the door panel and explore.
Can anyone confirm that there are just two screws under the door pull and with them removed I should be able to unclip the panel.
Thanks Ron.

mike020150

Member
Posts:3469
Joined:Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:26 pm

Re: 2006 X150 Drivers side door lock

Postby mike020150 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:53 pm

You need to release the exterior mirror trim piece (3 clips). Disconnect its electrical connector. Then, remove the two bolts you've spotted plus a third one hidden on the trim's top rear edge behind a small cover. Mike.
2014 XK Dynamic R convertible; 1977 Daimler Double Six Coupe; 2023 XE AWD 300S

ron.thomas
Posts:13
Joined:Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:34 pm

Re: 2006 X150 Drivers side door lock

Postby ron.thomas » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:37 am

Many thanks for your response I wrongly assumed the panel was made up in two parts and I would be able to remove the leather covered insert. I will rethink what to do.
Regards Ron


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest