Wind noise

Moderators:MarkX, mike020150

g4syv
Posts:10
Joined:Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:29 pm
Location:aylesbury, bucks.
Contact:
Wind noise

Postby g4syv » Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:02 pm

I have only owned my 1997 coupe for 3 months and we are still getting about 200 smiles per gallon but what a difference from my XJ8. At speeds of only 60mph plus the wind noise from the top of the windscreen is almost as loud as when I had the windows open on the XJ8. I don't think the screen has been changed as a few on the heating wires are not working ( why is it always the one in front of the driver!) and I can see no damage etc. I thought it was the wiper blades but the noise does not change when the wipers are on. Is this a known problem with the XK8 coupe or just mine? I would be willing to change the screen if that would stop the noise as it is that bad, but I still love the car.
Richard

User avatar
Sharfrs2
Posts:109
Joined:Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:10 pm
Location:Sunbury, MIddx

Postby Sharfrs2 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:27 am

Haven't heard of anyone else having this problem. Mine certainly doesn't make any appriciable noise. In fact at 75+ I can hold a normal conversation with my passanger without raising my voice. Just check the surround to the windscreen, if it's not bedded down correctly the airstream will get under and make a noise.

Cheers

Dave
Remember those that gave their todays for your tomorrows.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest