XK8 wet passenger footwell - can’t find drain pipe

Moderators:MarkX, mike020150

John579

Member
Posts:37
Joined:Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:06 pm
XK8 wet passenger footwell - can’t find drain pipe

Postby John579 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:00 pm

Hi, I have a 1996 XK8 and the passenger footwell gets wet...Trying to eliminate all the possibilities... lots of water on the windscreen - no leaks- so I’m trying to find the air conditioning drain pipe - but can’t find it, I’ve taken the centre console out and lifted the carpet (as much as I can..), can’t see it around the radio...... Any suggestions would be very appreciated...

mike020150

Member
Posts:3469
Joined:Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:26 pm

Re: XK8 wet passenger footwell - can’t find drain pipe

Postby mike020150 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:06 am

There are two drain tubes for the aircon unit, one either side of the transmission tunnel. probably, the easiest way to locate them is from under the car. If they are not immediately obvious from the drip marks there, run the engine with the aircon switched on to the coldest setting. Condensate should drip from the pipes or pipe if one is blocked. Mike.
2014 XK Dynamic R convertible; 1977 Daimler Double Six Coupe; 2023 XE AWD 300S

John579

Member
Posts:37
Joined:Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:06 pm

Re: XK8 wet passenger footwell - can’t find drain pipe

Postby John579 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:03 pm

Thanks Mike, will give this try.
Regards


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest