automatic gearbox
Moderators:MarkX, mike020150
Jaguar XK8, 1998 model which has travelled 70400 miles. Several times after being stopped for a short time the gear box has remained in the lower gears and 30 mph has given a rev speed of up to 5-6000 rpm. What could this problem could be? My local garage has advised changing the gearbox oil and cleaning the filter. Could this cure the problem or could it be an electrical fault or a major problem. Any help or advice would be very useful.
-
GrandTourer
- Posts:297
- Joined:Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:58 pm
- Location:Leicester, UK
HI Ian I had a problem with a 4.0 xj8 but it did show a gearbox fault light on the dash,,, i know that there is an electronic selector on the side of the box and i have heard that the plug to these can get corroded, i had to have mine replaced cost me £500 .00,, get someone to check out the plug first , hope this helps
mick
mick
Gearbox not changing gear
I have had the oil in the gearbox changed and a new filter fitted. When the specialist checked the box he found one of the speed sensors was faulty, so he replaced the one on the input shaft and the other on the output shaft and up to now has cured my problem. I hope this information is of help to others and thanks for the advice I was given.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests