Hi All,
My 1999 Nikosil lined convertible suffers with oil contamination through the breather although the engine generally runs ok.
This causes problems with the intake system and ultimately supercharger seals
Can anyone recommend a decent easy to fit breather filter/ oil catch-can to aid with this problem and save costly engine replacement if not needed.
cheers
Hog 68
XKR breather system contamination
Moderators:MarkX, mike020150
Re: XKR breather system contamination
Try this link it might be worthwhile checking http://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk8-x ... faq-67025/
Peter
Peter
Re: XKR breather system contamination
Thanks Peter. Excellent link/ article. I have just carried out the works that it suggests. My part-load breather orifice wasn't blocked as in the article but the end of the hose was blanked off by a yellow bung like bit of plastic approx. 1cm long.
I'm not sure if this is meant to be in there to serve a purpose and has shifted down the tube possibly as a restrictor as I cant see how else it would have got there but it was totally blocking the tube- any ideas guys? I have removed it and the engine runs ok.
I still want to try and minimise oil carry-over . Has anyone heard of any oil catch-can/ full load breather filters being fitted to these engines? Can anyone recommend an off the shelf product ( engine flush) to put in before I change the oil/ filter on my Nikasil engine as it has been suggested this may help free up any gunk that may be causing piston rings to stick etc. Mileage is 79,000- all short journeys.
thanks again Peter
Hog 68 ( Andy)
I'm not sure if this is meant to be in there to serve a purpose and has shifted down the tube possibly as a restrictor as I cant see how else it would have got there but it was totally blocking the tube- any ideas guys? I have removed it and the engine runs ok.
I still want to try and minimise oil carry-over . Has anyone heard of any oil catch-can/ full load breather filters being fitted to these engines? Can anyone recommend an off the shelf product ( engine flush) to put in before I change the oil/ filter on my Nikasil engine as it has been suggested this may help free up any gunk that may be causing piston rings to stick etc. Mileage is 79,000- all short journeys.
thanks again Peter
Hog 68 ( Andy)
Hog68
1999 XKR
1999 XKR
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
