Engine Diagnostic Light Illuminating
Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:10 pm
I have a problem with my Jaguar XKR 2002 year. The engine diagnostic light keeps illuminating. There is no fault that I can feel on the engine, performance and fuel consumption is normal. But occasionally, typically 30-40mph under light load or coasting the diagnostic light comes on with an "Restricted Performance" warning. The light doesn't clear and has to be manually cleared with a scanner through the OBD port. The diagnostic codes are weak mixture left bank and/or weak mixture right bank.
I'm not overly worried about engine damage as this warning is coming on under light or no load - I would be if it was under high or full load. Anyone any suggestions or has anyone seen this before. My only thought was that changing the lambda sensors might help?? If so anyone know where they can be gotten at a reasonable price.
Rgds
Craig
I'm not overly worried about engine damage as this warning is coming on under light or no load - I would be if it was under high or full load. Anyone any suggestions or has anyone seen this before. My only thought was that changing the lambda sensors might help?? If so anyone know where they can be gotten at a reasonable price.
Rgds
Craig