P0332 Knock sensor reading
Posted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:35 am
HI everyone
Looking for some help and advise please on P0332 Knock sensor reading on my XK8 1999 36,000miles.
This issue came up about 2 weeks ago, I've replaced the knock sensor with a genuine jaguar part. When I
have tried to clear the fault, it clears and then instantly reappears. I've checked the connecters to the
Knock sensor situated near the thermostat housing and all seems good, I've checked the voltage coming from
the ECU at the connection point bank 2 where it connects to the knock sensor harness and it shows a voltage reading
of 2.88 volts, checked bank 1 at the same connection point and its showing 4.98 volts. I've checked continuity on
both knock sensors and they both show 200 ohms. I know that the braided cable that transfers from the knock sensor
to the ECU can be problematic and can go to ground but I would have thought that if that's the case I'd have no voltage
reading? Am I right in thinking this? and if the braided cable is the problem, where is it likely to fail? Any advise or help would
be greatly appreciated. Thanks and apologies for the long post!
Mike
Looking for some help and advise please on P0332 Knock sensor reading on my XK8 1999 36,000miles.
This issue came up about 2 weeks ago, I've replaced the knock sensor with a genuine jaguar part. When I
have tried to clear the fault, it clears and then instantly reappears. I've checked the connecters to the
Knock sensor situated near the thermostat housing and all seems good, I've checked the voltage coming from
the ECU at the connection point bank 2 where it connects to the knock sensor harness and it shows a voltage reading
of 2.88 volts, checked bank 1 at the same connection point and its showing 4.98 volts. I've checked continuity on
both knock sensors and they both show 200 ohms. I know that the braided cable that transfers from the knock sensor
to the ECU can be problematic and can go to ground but I would have thought that if that's the case I'd have no voltage
reading? Am I right in thinking this? and if the braided cable is the problem, where is it likely to fail? Any advise or help would
be greatly appreciated. Thanks and apologies for the long post!
Mike