Page 1 of 1

How to fit a cd player to a 1999 xk8

Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:27 pm
by jagmk9
When I got my car the first thing I decided to do was fit a cd multichanger in the boot, I am very hands on and most things don't worry me, however when I removed the side carpet on the offside in the boot, the only plug I could find was on the left of the fitting bay and seem to be to big for the cd player plug, the cd player is a jaguar original. Part number LNC4160AA am I looking in the wrong place, or am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated. Nik kindly replied with a solution, but I was wondering if anybody else had other ideas, many thanks.

Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:39 pm
by kiwipom
The connector on mine (1997 XK8) is an 8-pin round connector which plugs into a 'male connector to the player unit.
I am trying to find a wiring diagram for the radio to CD multichanger as I would like to install an MP3 solid state player, selectable from 'incar'
I could have thousands of tracks available if it works.

Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:18 am
by jagmk9
Thanks for the info kiwipom, I understand that Alpine make and still support the multichanger for Jaguar, they might be your first port of call for a wiring diagram, hope this helps cheers.