Page 1 of 1

C/D changer

Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:38 pm
by WULLIE4567
Hi everybody :)
Anybody help with this wee problem; I was driving along listining to my queen cd, when it got to the last track it never changed to the next cd, :cry: now when I push the button to play cd's it goes through 1 to 6 trying to load them, then the message on the screen says no cd's. it's not loading them. Is there a reset button on the unit somewhere??? radio and phone all working as normal.

Cheers
Wullie 8)

CD player

Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:13 am
by MyQuest
Hello, Wullie.
This happened to me once. I ejected the CD stack and shoved it back in again and it worked.
Worth a try, I guess.

Michael

Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:36 am
by daveji
If the above does not work try disconnecting the power plug at the back (ignition off) leave for 30 seconds or so and then reconnect and power it up again.This should re-initialise the unit.
If these measures dont fix it its likely that the laser reader has failed (they do), and mine did.
Alpine still support this unit at their Milton Keynes repair facility, contact details on their website.

cd player

Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:58 pm
by WULLIE4567
Hi
Thanks for your info I tried the in / out thing but still no luck, I'll go for the disconnect option now see if it works. I'll let you know how I get on.

Cheers
Wullie. 8)

CD player failure

Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:11 pm
by grahamr
I had the same problem, after disconnecting taking apart and cleaning out with air line it was still the same. I took it to an Alpine dealer and the fault was the laser had failed. they repaired it at a cost of £95 and all is well now.
Graham

cd player

Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:28 am
by WULLIE4567
Hi again
Tried disconnecting and reconecting still the same :( . took the unit out removed lid gave it a blow out ( same as Graham) put it back in now it's fine ; well for now anyway 'strange' I think the lasers ok because it dead clear, anyway thanks to you all for your help.

Cheers
Wullie 8)