Hello everybody,
I am (still) trying to get a workable diagnostics solution to interrogate my 1998 XK8.
I have a Dell 620 Latitude running Windows XP Professional.
I have a modified ELM 327 cable and Forscan for talking to our C-Max and this works well.
I have as well a Gendan Engine Check package and their cable which works well with the Ford and the XK8.
However, I wish to read the non-engine fault codes from the XK8 and disable the drive-away locking which has been a source of annoyance from the day we bought the car.
I have gotten nowhere over the years with any of the eBay disk-based copy JLR IDS packages. I have a second-hand Mongoose cable and have no reason to believe it is faulty. Version V131 refuses to work and simply stops when I ask anything of the package. Version V125, purchased as I believed this was the last version before the switch to SDD, worked once (in seven months) when some ABS codes were read. Both versions have to be pirate copies and seem to be full of bugs, support has been all but non-existent and seems so poor that I have to be believe the seller does not know what they are talking about or is trying to fob me off. I do not have the skills or inclination to de-bug the software.
I have also looked at British Diagnostics, but their website seems to have been last updated in 2016 and I am suspicious that they are no longer trading.
Does anybody have a laptop based JLR IDS package that would work with the XK8?
Doug Barrass.
Ashford, Kent.
Working JLR IDS package.
Moderators:MarkX, mike020150
Re: Working JLR IDS package.
Do not limit yourself to IDS. Try the SDD package too. My car in theory anyway should be using IDS.
I have an old laptop running SDD, though I hardly use it now. If memory serves me right, on SDD anyway, to alter stuff you have to go into pre-delivery check and options. You can alter stuff like reversing mirror return after reversing. 'Blipping' when you lock/unlock the car etc. Mine is a 2003 XKR.
They do not make anything clear or obvious on either system, so its not just you.
I have an old laptop running SDD, though I hardly use it now. If memory serves me right, on SDD anyway, to alter stuff you have to go into pre-delivery check and options. You can alter stuff like reversing mirror return after reversing. 'Blipping' when you lock/unlock the car etc. Mine is a 2003 XKR.
They do not make anything clear or obvious on either system, so its not just you.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
