Replacing/Upgrading Rear Glass

Moderators:MarkX, mike020150

MarkyM
Posts:231
Joined:Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:29 pm
Replacing/Upgrading Rear Glass

Postby MarkyM » Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:48 pm

I have a 96 P plate that doesn't benefit from a high level brake light.
However I've managed to purchase a 98 rear screen and an XK8 brake light cheaply.

I am a bit confused as, whilst I can see the electrical contacts for the heated rear on the replacement screen (either side 8 elements down) I can't see the connection tangs on my original screen

I should be able to get the glass changed over for around £100 but I was wondering if I'd have to do some rewiring to enable to heated rear to work with the replacement 98 rear glass?

JTIS doesn't seem to cover it.

I'd be grateful if anyone that can offer some advice?

Regards

Mark

bt965
Posts:37
Joined:Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:07 pm

Postby bt965 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:39 pm

Hi, i know its been a while ,but did you sort your rear screen problem?
Bob

MarkyM
Posts:231
Joined:Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:29 pm

Postby MarkyM » Wed May 14, 2008 9:32 pm

No bT but to be honest I've been too busy to do anything as yet...the weather's right for it though!!

Mark


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests