Wheel nut key

Moderators:MarkX, mike020150

Jonathan3004
Posts:28
Joined:Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:58 pm
Wheel nut key

Postby Jonathan3004 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:55 pm

Hi I have managed to strip the inside of my key for the locking wheel nuts!
It has a 67 stamped on the top of it, can I get another one from anywhere?

I called my local jag dealer who would only sell me a complete set for £67+VAT. However a friend who has a 2001 XJ8 used his on my car (2003XKR) and it fitted. I therefore wonder how many variations there are, not too many I suspect!

Thanks Jon

MyQuest

Member
Posts:141
Joined:Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:55 am
Location:Amesbury UK

Locking wheel nut tool

Postby MyQuest » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:43 am

I've made 2 such tools for the same reason.

Using a suitable spare 1/2" drive socket, drill and tap the circumference to take 5mm screws or bolts to match the nut's 2 indents.

Once fitted to the correct length, saw/file/grind off the screw's excess and peen the outer ends to prevent loosening.

They've work fine for the last four years.

Michael

Jonathan3004
Posts:28
Joined:Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:58 pm

Postby Jonathan3004 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:54 pm

Micheal

Thanks for the suggestion, good idea!!

Regards

Jon


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests