Sun visors

Moderators:MarkX, mike020150

Peter667
Posts:9
Joined:Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:20 pm
Sun visors

Postby Peter667 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:11 am

Does anyone know where to find the plastic flaps covering the sun visor mirror which don't have the silly air bags graphics on them - they are very distracting when driving. I'm surprised they made it through quality control.

My XK8 has, I guess, oatmeal interior.

I've also lost one of the spring clips - a dealer part ???

mike020150

Member
Posts:3469
Joined:Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:26 pm

Postby mike020150 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:57 am

Having just driven 2000 miles on holiday, I can't say I even recall noticing the airbag stickers. I suppose it's like seeing a particular colour car on the road. Once you notice one, they all seem to be that colour! Tricks of the mind... Mike.

Peter667
Posts:9
Joined:Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:20 pm

Sun visors

Postby Peter667 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:04 pm

I'm surprised they caused so little interest.

I've now found that I could remove my drivers side warning 'sticker' with a combination of acetone and paint solvents. It could affect the plastic if overdone. I'll try the passenger side next.

Coming from a modern Audi the driving experienec wouldn't be compromised by these red + white stickers.

Cheers.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest