Page 1 of 1
insurance
Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:00 pm
by WULLIE4567
Hi everybody
Thought I would share this with everyone, My XK8 is my second car with only 4yrs no claims discount. put my details into confused.com and had a nice surprise' Liverpool Victoria fully comp £191.98. me at 53yrs old. thought that was ok.
wullie.

Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:37 pm
by mike020150
Great tip! It sounds like LV are buying business again. The quote is a lot less than my renewal with them last year. Mike.
insurance
Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:50 am
by WULLIE4567
Mike
Well, maybe wont be so good when the renewal comes in next year Mike.
cheers
Wullie.

Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:17 pm
by GrandTourer
I had my XK8 insured over the last 4 years through Footman James, but renewed a few weeks ago with Adrian Flux (Norwich Union) and saved over £100. I did look at LV but found them just slightly lower in price - they did not offer the same level of terms which I wanted (eg. European Travel, etc).
I also have my X-Type insured with Footman James and I am likely to change for that one as well when the time comes (July).
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:42 am
by RAJ
I went to LV, very good price £260 something for my XK8 rag top.
Yes they seem to be a no frills company. The only one I resourced who charge extra for the wife to drive. Most give a discount. She doesn't want to drive it anyway, so.
If I need any extras I'll phone em' up and pay for it. A better Idea to me than paying for something I won't use.
Ray

Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:32 pm
by cjrm1
Hi all
Based on this and other members recommending LV, I tried for a quote for my 99MY XKR
Unfortunately because it doesn't have a tracker fitted, the system couldn't quote.
Has anyone else experienced this?
Does anyone else have any recommendations currently
Thanks
Chris
Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:46 pm
by xk82002jaguar
I too couldn't get a quote from L.V. due to no tracker. I am with Admiral £364
Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:24 pm
by FELIX456
Hi, me too with no tracker, but Institute of Advanced Motorists have their own 'special' insurers who just knocked off £20 AND reduced my excess by £200 to beat the best compared quote online. I've been an IAM member since '03, I'm a '71 chick with an '02 XKR drop top, garaged, other cars, hubby to drive and last year it cost £356. I can recommend IAM membership for cheaper insurance with most insurers actually. Even though the IAM insurance could have been more, they wanted my business. We'll see this year I guess.....
I'm an insurance 'tart', I hold no loyalty to any one of them, I'll shop for the best deal, no one automatically gets my repeat business.
Tara