Page 1 of 1
Booster Seat for my 5 year old Son
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:46 pm
by MarkGeorge
I have a 47K, 2000MY XKR with the original pattern seats, presently we use a full car seat for my 5 year old Son, Peter, to ride in. However, this is rather awkward in the rear of the XK and robs him of several inches of leg room. The fact is that the cars own seat fits him perfectly, but the problem with that is that the law requires him to sit on a booster seat!
So to my question; is anyone aware of a booster seat that fits neatly into the XK and if so how do I get one? I hope someone is able to help us with this; certainly Peter will be very happy to sort this out.
Mark.
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:09 pm
by WULLIE4567
Hi Mark
Im glad my two lassie's are too big for the back now 22 & 24. no more moaning; we there yet dad, sorry Mark just getting carried away there.
Think the best thing for you to do is nip into your nearest Halfords they will let you try lot's of seats until your happy, sorry thats all I can do to help, but maybe someone else out there can help.
Anyway have a MERRY XMAS & A HAPPY NEW YEAR when it comes and hope you find a boster seat for wee Peter.
cheers
Wullie

.
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:17 am
by MarkGeorge
Thanks for the reply Wullie, Peter and I did visit Halfords but the boosters they stock are all too deep. We will keep looking for a period then if nothing turns up visit a local car upholsterers and see what is possible.
Mark.
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:54 pm
by alanscat
Hi Mark, I got 2 Graco boosters from a large Halfords branch that are fine for my 3 & 5 year old grandchildren in my 2002 convertible. It's neccesary to get one with a rounded rather than a straight or square rear, so that it is in full contact with the curve of the rear car seat - otherwise the booster projects over the edge of the seat and eliminates what little leg room there is.
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:16 am
by MarkGeorge
Alanscat,
thank you for the information, we will try Halfords again.
Mark.
Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 10:02 am
by BestGear
Hi
I am looking for a booster seat now, and the Gracos mentioned earlier (a year plus) do not seem to be available now.
I would prefer the booster to fit the front seat, but find that most do not fit properly because the "wings" of theboosterthat retain the seatbelt hit the bolsters of the seats.
Anyone found a booster that works?!?!
David