Adrian Flux Insurance

Moderators:MarkX, mike020150

User avatar
DougX

Member
Posts:422
Joined:Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:02 pm
Location:Chelmsford
Adrian Flux Insurance

Postby DougX » Tue May 12, 2020 10:25 pm

My XK8 is due for insurance renewal from 1st June. I am currently with Adrian Flux Insurance. I had a renewal notice from 'AF' - copy attached. Bearing in mind, I had fully comp last year with an agreed value of £15,000. The letter stated;

" Dear Mr Warren

Thanks for choosing Adrian Flux for your car insurance last year. Your policy on vehicle registration number SPC 538S is due to expire on 31/05/2020 at 23:59 and because we'll renew your policy automatically by credit card, you'll only need to call us if anything has changed or if any of our information is incorrect. You’ll find your Renewal Notice overleaf—this contains a summary of your cover along with a breakdown of the price of your policy and any extra benefits selected...…….
."

What would YOU read from the renewal notice? That the agreed value was still £15,000? I did, but wanted confirmation, so I called them today and they informed me that this wasn't the case and I would have to pay an additional £52 for an agreed value. How many other members have been caught out with this I wonder? I am going to write to the Insurance Ombudsman regarding this as I feel it is shark practice. Members beware!!!
Attachments
Adrian Flux Ins.jpg

User avatar
Andy P

Member
Posts:960
Joined:Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:51 am
Location:Plymouth,Devon,U.K. J.E.C.Member

Re: Adrian Flux Insurance

Postby Andy P » Wed May 13, 2020 1:56 pm

Hi Doug,
Thanks for the warning.
I for one will be keeping a watchful eye.
Take care and stay safe.
Andy :D
2011 X351 3.0d LWB
Colour: Ultimate Black Metallic With Black/Ivory Piping Interia
2007 X-Type 2.2d Sport Premium Estate
Colour:Liquid Silver With Charcoal Interia

Ivan90

Member
Posts:5
Joined:Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:38 pm

Re: Adrian Flux Insurance

Postby Ivan90 » Wed May 13, 2020 4:10 pm

Hi Doug
Have used AF once in the past and renewed with them once but only after they brought the renewal down by £100 making it less than the previous year's premium I would not use them again they always seem to be the most expensive.
I hope you did not renew with them, ( there are better ones to use) just because they have your CC details you do not have to renew with them!
Thanks for the update

Ivan

User avatar
DougX

Member
Posts:422
Joined:Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:02 pm
Location:Chelmsford

Re: Adrian Flux Insurance

Postby DougX » Wed May 13, 2020 4:26 pm

No, have gone to Footman James for a far better price!


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests