Where do all the handbooks go?

Moderators:MarkX, mike020150

ChrisXKR
Posts:1
Joined:Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:01 pm
Where do all the handbooks go?

Postby ChrisXKR » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:36 pm

Hi fellow XK'ers.

After a few years dalliance with a stern German temptress (I know, I know - I'm very ashamed) I recently came to my senses and returned to the fold with a sensuous, curvy 2003 4.2 XKR.

I am absolutely delighted with her but her handbook has disappeared.

My attempts to find one on-line seem to have revealed that:
1) There are a heck of a lot of old Jags out there (all models) missing their handbooks
2) Wherever they have gone, they certainly don't seem available to buy

I have this picture in my head of some old chap in a threadbare brown warehouseman's coat sitting in a smokey shed somewhere near Coventry with thousands of well-thumbed Jaguar owners manuals piled up around him but - just in case he doesn't really exist - does anyone have any idea where one might be obtained?

steve_m
Posts:1441
Joined:Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:46 am
Location:Wiltshire

Re: Where do all the handbooks go?

Postby steve_m » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:18 pm

They are all in Warehouse 13, along with the spare keys and all the history and bills.


steve_m
Posts:1441
Joined:Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:46 am
Location:Wiltshire

Re: Where do all the handbooks go?

Postby steve_m » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:34 pm

£1500 for an XK140 manual.
I'm definitely in the wrong job.

mike020150

Member
Posts:3469
Joined:Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:26 pm

Re: Where do all the handbooks go?

Postby mike020150 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:31 am

The club provides a very useful source of handbooks and memorabilia via Andrew Swift (contact details in the front of every Jaguar Enthusiast magazine). Mike.
2014 XK Dynamic R convertible; 1977 Daimler Double Six Coupe; 2023 XE AWD 300S


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests