July 2010 Magazine. Mike H`s XK8 Article.

Moderators:MarkX, mike020150

User avatar
J44EAG

Moderator
Posts:6239
Joined:Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:57 pm
Location:Warlingham Surrey/Faversham Kent
July 2010 Magazine. Mike H`s XK8 Article.

Postby J44EAG » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:51 pm

Full marks to Mike for a seriously good article.

Excellent copy, good story line, reasonable grammar, no typo`s and correct spelling of "anaemic". Nice pictures of the cars making fantastic use of his family home. Nine out of Ten. Good man!"

Joking aside, Mike should be congratulated for a splendid piece. I`m sure we all agree.

Nice one Mike.

Mike

GrandTourer
Posts:297
Joined:Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:58 pm
Location:Leicester, UK

Postby GrandTourer » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:57 pm

. . . and so say all of us :D - well, I say so anyway :wink:
______________________________
Karl, XK8 MY2000 Pacific Blue

gasman1003
Posts:34
Joined:Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:41 pm

Postby gasman1003 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:06 pm

Yep, great piece, 2 lovely cars in a great part of the world.

I took a drive in North Yorks on sunday - fantastic open roads and beautiful scenery.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b30/S ... G_2491.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b30/S ... G_2493.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b30/S ... 2506-1.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b30/S ... 2537-1.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b30/S ... 2545-2.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b30/S ... 2555-1.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b30/S ... 2558-1.jpg

It was great day out in God's own country and the car behaved impeccably. What XK ownership is all about .

Nik
Posts:498
Joined:Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:39 pm
Location:East Riding of Yorkshire

Postby Nik » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:31 pm

Yes Mike , great article , keep up the good work :!:

All the best ,

Nik

PS Mike , you have a PM :wink:
Antigua Blue XK8 Coupe.....1998.75 MY.....Reg No ..N1XKO

User avatar
J44EAG

Moderator
Posts:6239
Joined:Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:57 pm
Location:Warlingham Surrey/Faversham Kent

Postby J44EAG » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:37 pm

Very good pics, Gasman.

I very much like the first one with the viaduct. Can I suggest you ping those pictures over to Nigel. He may well like to use one or more of them.

Lovely car in a great colour. Wheels and lowered suspension suit it well.

Kind regards.

Mike Kennedy.

gasman1003
Posts:34
Joined:Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:41 pm

Postby gasman1003 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:53 pm

Very good pics, Gasman.

I very much like the first one with the viaduct. Can I suggest you ping those pictures over to Nigel. He may well like to use one or more of them.

Lovely car in a great colour. Wheels and lowered suspension suit it well.

Kind regards.

Mike Kennedy.

Thanks, Mike.

It was easy to take good pics in that setting and I think the car is fairly photogenic (but then I would).

I took about 150 pics and seemed to stop the car about every 50 yds!

Nigel is welcome to use any pics, but I don't like "Blowing my own trumpet"

Best wishes,

Steve.

mike020150

Member
Posts:3469
Joined:Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:26 pm

Postby mike020150 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:38 am

Thanks for all the comments about the article. It was fun to do. If only the weather (in March) had been a patch on the last week or so, it would have been even better. Like Steve, I too have been out enjoying the Yorkshire moors in the sunshine. There's nothing better to lift the spirits and blow away life's cares! Mike. :D

gasman1003
Posts:34
Joined:Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:41 pm

Postby gasman1003 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:56 am

. Like Steve, I too have been out enjoying the Yorkshire moors in the sunshine. There's nothing better to lift the spirits and blow away life's cares! Mike. :D

Absolutely - it was even better than sitting at home watching Germany v England : :wink:


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests