Speed Tracer

Moderators:MarkX, mike020150

Jonathan3004
Posts:28
Joined:Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:58 pm
Speed Tracer

Postby Jonathan3004 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:57 pm

I bought the PC based scan tool from Autoenginuity which comes with speed Tracer. I have tried to use it but am getting incorrect results.

I tested the car in 3rd gear starting the test at 2500 RPM. The results suggest that I am getting 442bhp which is unlikey given it is a 2003 Jagaur XKR, at the back wheels I would have expected c300bhp to be the likely outcome as the car has a published 400bhp but that will be on a bench. Can anyone suggest what the likely problem is?

I thought it might be the gear ratio which is calculated at 4.66 using what I belive to be the correct ratios, but with this I got 502bhp!! I then used the comput function which suggested in 3rd that it should be 4.82, using this got the 442bhp result.

Many thanks

Jon

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests