XKR Breakers
Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:44 am
by jamie928
Hi Folks
Do you know of any Jag breakers preferably in Scotland who are breaking late XKR, I’m after some interior bits & space saver wheel & jack etc.
Re: XKR Breakers
Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:06 pm
by JimMann
Hi Jamie, I am not aware of any specialist breakers for Jaguars in Scotland (I live near Aberdeen), but there are several specialist breakers who advertise in the magazine - all in the south though, Auto Reserve, Euro Jags, etc. In Scotland, there may well be the odd vehicle in some of the larger vehicle breakers, but I am pretty sure most of them pass the Jaguars down the line to the specialists.
In regard to the space saver spare option, be sure you select the correct version to suit your brake callipers. If you have 20-inch wheels and performance brakes (on the front), you will need the 19-inch space saver, which in Jaguar specific versions is coloured black, whilst the smaller 18-inch wheel version is red. Please note that other manufacturers mixed the options on colour versus size though.
There are internet providers (Road Angel) and even Kwik Fit / Halfords options, selling complete kits for space saver options these days. It is a recognised after market opportunity with so many car manufacturers providing "tyre repair kits" that don't really work that well - especially if the sidewall splits due to pothole damage.
Send me a PM if you need more information on any aspect.
Jim M
Re: XKR Breakers
Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:54 am
by Jaguar_Enthusiast
Not Scotland but I’d give this one a look
https://www.cotswoldautoparts.co.uk/