Hello Everybody
I've recently joined the JEC & just got around to signing up on the forum.
I have a 2001MY XK8 Convertible in Emerald Green.
Some members may know me from 'one of the other Jag Clubs' which I was a member of until recently.
It looks like this forum is fairly quiet. Have other members found it useful for technical asssitance / tips or do they look elsewhere?
I am based in Knutsford, Cheshire and hope to go on this years Manchester to Blackpool run and maybe some other events around the North West.
Hopefully will get to know a few fellow members on here in due course.
Cheers
Nick
aka Cheshire Cat
Recently Joined JEC
Moderators:MarkX, mike020150
-
PrideofLyons
- Posts:45
- Joined:Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:28 pm
Hi Cheshire Cat,
I've got the same model and year as you but in silver. I live in Glossop and like you, will be attending the Blackpool run for the 1st time this year.
You said you were a member of other clubs, was one of these the xk8 owners club and if so what was it like? I was thinking of joining.
Will probably see you at the run.
I've got the same model and year as you but in silver. I live in Glossop and like you, will be attending the Blackpool run for the 1st time this year.
You said you were a member of other clubs, was one of these the xk8 owners club and if so what was it like? I was thinking of joining.
Will probably see you at the run.
-
cheshirecat
- Posts:6
- Joined:Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:56 pm
Pride Of Lyons - thought I recognised the name from the other club we were both members of. I read your post and generally concur with what you are saying.
Tooney - we can have a natter on the Manchester to Blackpool run.
I have only just joined the JEC so it would be premature of me to draw any comparisons yet. My main reason for joining the JEC was to give it a try as there seems to be more of a structure and more organised events in the North West.
Cheers
Cheshire Cat
Tooney - we can have a natter on the Manchester to Blackpool run.
I have only just joined the JEC so it would be premature of me to draw any comparisons yet. My main reason for joining the JEC was to give it a try as there seems to be more of a structure and more organised events in the North West.
Cheers
Cheshire Cat
-
mike020150

- Posts:3469
- Joined:Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:26 pm
Hi Nick,
I hope you enjoy your membership of the JEC and its Forums. There are plenty of events, local and national, to enjoy, not to forget the XK8 Lancs run in June. At the moment this Forum is largely technical rather than simply chatty but it's provided to enable members to make it what they will so please join in and help determine its future direction. Happy XK8 motoring! Mike.
I hope you enjoy your membership of the JEC and its Forums. There are plenty of events, local and national, to enjoy, not to forget the XK8 Lancs run in June. At the moment this Forum is largely technical rather than simply chatty but it's provided to enable members to make it what they will so please join in and help determine its future direction. Happy XK8 motoring! Mike.
-
GrandTourer
- Posts:297
- Joined:Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:58 pm
- Location:Leicester, UK
Welcome, Nick - old aquaintance, etc, etc.
I wondered what had happened to you. Glad to hear you are still enjoying your P&J
You have joined a great club, although the forum (called Bulletin Board here) is quite different here, as you have already noticed. Still, quite a few members here are also members of other clubs. Each Club has its own strengths and you can't compare on a 'like-for-like' basis.
Just enjoy and I hope I will see you at the 25th Club anniversary at Harorgate
I wondered what had happened to you. Glad to hear you are still enjoying your P&J
You have joined a great club, although the forum (called Bulletin Board here) is quite different here, as you have already noticed. Still, quite a few members here are also members of other clubs. Each Club has its own strengths and you can't compare on a 'like-for-like' basis.
Just enjoy and I hope I will see you at the 25th Club anniversary at Harorgate
______________________________
Karl, XK8 MY2000 Pacific Blue
Karl, XK8 MY2000 Pacific Blue
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests