Just saying hello.

Moderators:MarkX, mike020150

User avatar
sahtas1
Posts:38
Joined:Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:06 pm
Location:Northants
Just saying hello.

Postby sahtas1 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:22 pm

Long term Jaguar fan, done the XJ40 XJR, XJ40 Sovereign, X300, currently XJS early facelift as my wifes everyday car and X Type as my company car. Collecting the XK8 tomorrow ('98 coupe). Plan was to replace the XJS with the XK8 but not sure I can part with it, at least not for a while yet :lol:
Had great fun and good support with the XJS forum guys with several trips to France (sadly not this year :cry: ), hoping to have the same with the XK8 and the XK8 forum!
Have already found some of the technical tips on here very useful when I inspected the car we have bought. Hopefully enabled me to get a good one! So that's a good start already.
Look forward to meeting up at some time in the future.

mike020150

Member
Posts:3469
Joined:Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:26 pm

Postby mike020150 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:14 am

Welcome to the Forum. Glad the BB has been of help already. I feel sure that after a day or two driving the XK8, any decision about reducing your Jaguar fleet will become easier. The XK8 has such a wonderful smile factor! keep posting to let us know how you get on with your new acquisition. Mike. :D

User avatar
sahtas1
Posts:38
Joined:Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:06 pm
Location:Northants

Postby sahtas1 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:05 pm

Hi Mike,
Thanks for the welcome, shame your's was the only one but hey, it's better than none! Am enjoying the XK8 (when my wife lets me drive it - she is using it everyday now). I have serviced it, replaced the cam cover gasket which was weeping and put a set of impellor alloys and new tyres on it. Have to say, although it has more power than our 4.0 XJS, it is hard to choose which is the better drive! Will just have to keep both for now :lol:

mike020150

Member
Posts:3469
Joined:Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:26 pm

Postby mike020150 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:40 pm

Having enjoyed owning a couple of each (XJ-S and XK8), if you can't make up your mind which is best to drive, my recommendation would be to try pushing the XK8 a little harder. If it's in the condition Jaguar intended it will simply leave the performance of any XJ-S for dead! If it doesn't corner miles better and go a lot faster than the XJ-S, the XK8 needs attention. I know there's more to owning a car than these two facets but they are essential ingredients of the XK8 'smile factor'. Mike.

User avatar
WULLIE4567
Posts:192
Joined:Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:44 pm
Location:EAST AYRSHIRE

Postby WULLIE4567 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:13 pm

Hi and welcome
Maybe a bit late but better late than never Sahtas, I was the same as you at one time had both cars but the xk8 won after six month or so. had the xk for a year now and love it , still puts a smile on my face when those german bmw's come racing up my bottom! but soon they disapear in the mirror then the wee smirk comes ear to ear. I do have a wee niggly problem at the moment the battery discharges over a week if I dont use the xk. 'see my posting under electrics' but I will sort it out. I have also done all my timing chains, water pump etc, as a precaution see pic's in the gallery. well have fun with your xk and have a nice xmas.

cheers
Wullie 8)
XJS AWAY TO NEW OWNER.
XK8 COUPE MY 2000 MY TOY & RANGE ROVER SPORT WORKHORSE.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests