Just bought XK8

Moderators:MarkX, mike020150

rogerpalin
Posts:20
Joined:Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:58 pm
Just bought XK8

Postby rogerpalin » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:35 am

Bought 1996 XK8 last week (our first ever Jag) and I think I've died and gone to heaven!! Was really fed up with driving, both here and in France, but this lovely car has changed my attitude completely. Bought and paid for it sight unseen after finding it on the Autotrader website but am very happy, thanks to Luxton of Boxhill. Was disgusted with my broker when they told me they couldn't find an insurer who would cover me for a 4 litre car even though I drove a 3 litre Scimitar for 10 years. Have since gone with Elephant who were very quick and helpful and also saved me a packet. Looking forward to many happy years of motoring!

User avatar
Bassman
Posts:85
Joined:Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:38 pm
Location:Addlestone, Surrey & Kerleit, Finistere

Postby Bassman » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:52 pm

Welcome Roger :D I bought my '98 XK8 a year ago (my first ever Jag as well) and it's brilliant 8)

We drive a lot in France as we have a place in Brittany and go over every 4 -6 weeks, you will find they create quite a stir there as the XK8 seems pretty rare in France.

I have found Adrian Flux very good for insurance for high group and modified cars :wink:
Let's see some pics then :wink: :lol:
Paul
[b]1998 XK8 Antigua Blue[/b]

daveji

Member
Posts:336
Joined:Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:08 am

Postby daveji » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:28 pm

Hi Gents
Did you try our own Footman James for your insurance. I found they offered the best deal for my XJ8 because of the JEC discount.
Always worth a call.
David
:wink:

User avatar
Sharfrs2
Posts:109
Joined:Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:10 pm
Location:Sunbury, MIddx

Postby Sharfrs2 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:29 am

Welcome to the forum and Jag ownership Roger. I've had my XK8 for about 2 and a half years now and the smile still hasn't deminished.

As for insurance, I too went to Adrian Flux, mainly because mine is heavily modified and they do like for like replacements unlike mainstream insurance companies.
Remember those that gave their todays for your tomorrows.

mike020150

Member
Posts:3469
Joined:Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:26 pm

Postby mike020150 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:10 pm

Hi Roger, Welcome to the Forum. Insurance is so competitive these days that it pays to shop around at each renewal. With a decent NCB discount you should expect to pay around £400/£500 pa for a standard XK8 garaged in a low risk area. Mike.

peterdpps

Member
Posts:127
Joined:Fri May 01, 2009 9:14 am

Postby peterdpps » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:58 pm

Hi Roger and welcome.
I have a 97 XK8 as a third car.
My 1967 240 Mk 2 is with Footman James
and my 2003 S type V8 with Aon
When I bought the XK a month or so ago I checked both and whilst FJ were competitive I would be limited to 4500 miles across the two classics.
Aon wouldnt quote so I tried RH specialist cars who advertise in Jag mags.
They were competitive at £380, Birmingham postcode and parked on drive. Unlimited mileage and they gave me max ncd on my say so.

I_MNL
Posts:28
Joined:Sun May 21, 2006 4:14 pm
Location:Driver's seat

Postby I_MNL » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:24 am

mine is heavily modified


That may explain then the loud sound of your exhaust!!! :roll:

MichaelPerkins
Posts:6
Joined:Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:27 pm

XK8

Postby MichaelPerkins » Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:19 pm

Hi Roger
I also own XK8 its my day car my other Jag is a XJS.

My XK8 is truly the best car I have ever owned,with top down
(good weather permitting) the right sounding exhaust it just dont get any better I hope you have many enjoyable hours driving your XK8.

Michael


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests