Page 1 of 1

Exhaust

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:42 pm
by Peter12
As a new member to JEC I would like some advice re improving the exhaust note on my XK8. It is a great car and running perfectly but it sounds much too refined. I live in Suffolk.

Many thanks

Peter 12

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:11 pm
by Bassman

Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:48 am
by Sharfrs2
I too have a full cat back Paramount exhaust system fitted. It sounds great, although some think it is too loud. It's not quite straight through but it does only have the centre silencer fitted. :D

Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:23 am
by Bassman
I too have a full cat back Paramount exhaust system fitted. It sounds great, although some think it is too loud. It's not quite straight through but it does only have the centre silencer fitted. :D

A mate of mine was following me around Brittany last week and whilst he had his window open all the time so he could hear my exhaust, he said it sounds reallly great, he thought it was not too loud... mind you he is driving a 24v Probe with what looks like 4 bike rear cans stuck on the back :shock: now that is deafening :lol: :lol:

Took him for a blast in the XK and he is now determined to get one 8)

Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:49 am
by Sharfrs2
On the Champagne trip I think I must have woken most of the villages we drove through. Good job they were friendly and loved the car :lol:

Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:15 pm
by Peter12
Many thanks for the information

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:35 pm
by glenngyi
Ey up Bassman,

brilliant!!! :lol: :lol: Absolutely loved the videos, I must get it done to mine, sounds like she should have done at manufacture ie. a big cat growling :evil:

A word of caution, I was having a intense listen to the standing revs and I am almost certain that the left bank 2nd from front pot is ever so slightly misfiring :wink: :wink: :wink:

Enjoy,

a very jealous,

Glenn

Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:26 pm
by binghama
spoke to tony ridge about the replacement pipes for the back boxes offered through the club..he has these fitted to his car..he says they bring out the sound of the v8 nicely without being too loud inside..have decided to fit them to my recently aquired xk as it is awfully quiet..AJ6 engineering do a system but I don't know what it sounds like..I fitted their replacement pipes on a 3.6 xjs a few years ago which sounded very good and helped the perf a little...by the way for any of you with an interest in xjs I saw one a few days ago..1987 with 250 mls on clock!!!!!!!! had been sitting in a heated garage for 20 yrs..just kooked as if it had come out of the show room..now what's that worth?

Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:27 pm
by binghama
spoke to tony ridge about the replacement pipes for the back boxes offered through the club..he has these fitted to his car..he says they bring out the sound of the v8 nicely without being too loud inside..have decided to fit them to my recently aquired xk as it is awfully quiet..AJ6 engineering do a system but I don't know what it sounds like..I fitted their replacement pipes on a 3.6 xjs a few years ago which sounded very good and helped the perf a little...by the way for any of you with an interest in xjs I saw one a few days ago..1987 with 250 mls on clock!!!!!!!! had been sitting in a heated garage for 20 yrs..just kooked as if it had come out of the show room..now what's that worth?

Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:07 pm
by mike020150
Tony's car does sound good and the price is right too! Mike.