Hello from Lincoln

Moderators:MarkX, mike020150

RichardW
Posts:1
Joined:Sun May 06, 2007 3:52 pm
Location:Lincoln
Hello from Lincoln

Postby RichardW » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:54 pm

Just a quick note to say hello to you all.
I bought my May 2001 XKR convertible last year. Originally a Jaguar car, it's a 2002 MY originally with 20" Montreals, now Paris, (hmm for the moment), otherwise built with nearly all the XKR100 toys including badges, but no Sat nav, premium sound and painted emerald green.
I could do with some help with early Jaguar history, but not to sure where to try, any ideas appreciated.
Fitted premium sound, not easy and resulted in me losing the fuel cap function. Red faced I went off to Holland's, who sorted it out (without laughing) with a software reinstall. I also replaced the front Discs plus pads and carried out major service.
I found Latch hoses already replaced, but everything left dirty and incorrectly assembled, the phone mic still had it's own little pool of oil installed! Changed the thermostat and pump, just to find they were identical (as expected by the nice parts man at Holland Bros in Lincoln). I also removed the wheel arch liners to clean and polish the metalwork.
This coming winter I will fit a one piece grill, clear side reflectors, change the rear axle and transmission oils and get the front bumper refinished to tidy up the stone chips (after only 30k miles). I'll post some pictures when I work out how!
Richard

User avatar
WULLIE4567
Posts:192
Joined:Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:44 pm
Location:EAST AYRSHIRE

Postby WULLIE4567 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:50 pm

Hi Richard
Welcome to the XK8 forum. Car sounds lovely, we all look forward to seeing pictures.

Cheers
Wullie. 8)
XJS AWAY TO NEW OWNER.
XK8 COUPE MY 2000 MY TOY & RANGE ROVER SPORT WORKHORSE.

mike020150

Member
Posts:3469
Joined:Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:26 pm

Postby mike020150 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:01 am

Hi Richard, Welcome to the Forum. Keep those stories of what you're doing to your car coming. They help and encourage all of us. Too many owners are dubious about tackling jobs on these complicated machines. In some cases it's right to leave matters to the specialists with the correct tools but that still leaves lots of jobs which can be tackled perfectly well at home. Knowing that others have succeeded always helps. As for the early service history of your car, try getting your dealer to print out the service history. It should be possible to obtain at least the info about tasks carried out during the warranty period. Mike.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest