Page 1 of 1

Long Term Plan

Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:02 pm
by philipr
We bought our XK8 new last March (05), replacing an S Type 3.0 SE that we had owned for 4 years.
It is one of the last to be built and we plan to keep it for many years as we will never be in a position to buy another new car of this quality. I may be biassed but I think it still looks better than the new XK, even if the latter is technically much more advanced.
I use it to commute every day and the first year's mileage will be 12,500 approx. We (and it) will retire to France in 4 years time, when the average should drop.
We already have experience of an excellent Jaguar mechanic in Dijon who managed to locate and fix an intermittent electrical fault last July which had been there since day one.

Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:30 pm
by Sharfrs2
Welcome to the forum Philip. Sounds like a lovely plan to have. I have to agree with you ref the new XK, certainly in pictures. Will see it the flesh at Guy Salmon's launch party on the 16th March, so will reserve full judgement till then.

Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:11 am
by mike020150
Great long term plan with very civilised targets. At this stage, (before driving the new XK), I'm inclined to agree with your views. The 'old' model is more elegant if less sporting in its lines. Mike.

Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:41 pm
by XK8UK
Yes count me in on that view as well. I could afford one but I will not as I just cannot get to like it. I felt the same about the XJS and the XJ40 and still have not changed my view on those, it stopped me buying Jaguars until the XK8 and the X300 came on the scene.