Page 1 of 1

XK Dynamic R new purchase

Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:07 pm
by anthony.cribb686
Hi everyone

I just bought a 2014 XK Dynamic R. I had a 4.2 XKR a few years ago and that was fantastic but this new car, WOW! It’s Italian facing red with 23000 miles and I love it!

One quick question, I was thinking of having the ecu remapped, I looked at the Paramount Performance website and for round £600, they can release a further 50bhp

Anyone had this done?

Thanks

Anthony

Re: XK Dynamic R new purchase

Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:58 pm
by J44EAG
Yes, all my modern Jags have had Paramount ecu re-flashes. A reflash un-locks an ecu area that Jaguar chose the keep hidden. You will notice a difference in performance once you have the work done. Its money well spent. Don`t expect any difference in fuel consumption, just a bit more grunt and a more even power delivery.

Paramount used to be at Slough. Paul Busby and Gerald Morton ran the show. Later, Paul moved the business up to Shropshire and took Gerald with him to open the new workshop. He retitled it as "Viezu". Gerald then returned to home in Berkeshire and operates Viezu Berkeshire as a spin off from Pauls`original set up. Both are well linked. Nicer guys you couldn`t find. Gerald now operates out of Tom Lenthals workshop near Greenham Common.

Mike K

Re: XK Dynamic R new purchase

Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:15 pm
by anthony.cribb686
Thanks Mike

No problems with over stressing the drive train?

Ant

Re: XK Dynamic R new purchase

Posted: Wed May 13, 2020 5:19 pm
by mike020150
The drive train is the same as the XKR-S with another 40 bhp so that shouldn't be an issue. Don't forget to ask your insurance company about its view on modified cars. It would be a shame to have your insurance invalidated by such an omission. One question it's worth asking yourself is whether you really need another 50 bhp? The standard XKR's performance tends to be limited by traction issues. Adding bhp will only exacerbate them and make wet weather motoring even more exciting! That's something you may or may not welcome... :D Mike.

Re: XK Dynamic R new purchase

Posted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:06 pm
by les703
The drive train is the same as the XKR-S with another 40 bhp so that shouldn't be an issue. Don't forget to ask your insurance company about its view on modified cars. It would be a shame to have your insurance invalidated by such an omission. One question it's worth asking yourself is whether you really need another 50 bhp? The standard XKR's performance tends to be limited by traction issues. Adding bhp will only exacerbate them and make wet weather motoring even more exciting! That's something you may or may not welcome... :D Mike.
I wondered about the traction control; my drive is gravel up a slope to get into the garage, and I thought I was being cack handed spinning the wheels on the gravel. Is there a "winter setting" that I haven't found yet? Not that it is going out in winter ......

Re: XK Dynamic R new purchase

Posted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:15 pm
by mike020150
Try pressing the 'snowflake ' button near the gear selector. The car will move off in 2nd gear and the throttle response will be softened as well. Mike.

Re: XK Dynamic R new purchase

Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:53 pm
by les703
Thanks Mike.