Hi from downunder

Moderators:MarkX, mike020150

kiwipom
Posts:9
Joined:Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:20 am
Hi from downunder

Postby kiwipom » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:19 pm

Fitrst impressions......what a great club !
We're a bit isolated down here regarding XK8's so pleased to make contact with the world.
I even live in the 'wop wops' (out bush & up in the hills) and Auckland is 9 hours drive from here.
Bought a superb 1997 XK8 coupe, Titanium & Oatmeal with original 18" flutes.
The car was in Japan until 2006 & then imported to NZ. Its clean & straight with mostly Jaguar history.
I have been looking for over a year & seriously considered importing one from the UK.
I bought the car from the bottom of the South Island (might have been the nearest XK to the Antarctic !)
Had a fanastic 2 day drive up the east coast of the South Island & ferry to the North Island.
I am now one happy (now poor) XK8 owner & expect to remain poor running it .......but how satisfying !

mike020150

Member
Posts:3469
Joined:Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:26 pm

Postby mike020150 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:16 pm

Keep smiling. XK8s are great cars to drive, fantastic long distance expresses with a good turn of speed when you press the right hand pedal. welcome to the Forum. I hope you find the advice here useful. Mike. :D

kiwipom
Posts:9
Joined:Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:20 am

Postby kiwipom » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:28 am

Thanks mike for the welcome..Im very new to this forum stuff but should be very useful for advice & contact


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests