Probably one of the best cars in the world part 1

Moderators:MarkX, mike020150

1955DavidR
Posts:2
Joined:Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:40 pm
Probably one of the best cars in the world part 1

Postby 1955DavidR » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:31 pm

Having been a member since April last year and finding this forum a great source of information I thought it was time to make an effort and post this.

The short version, I bought my XK8 in October 2007, J16 DRR in the register and gallery, without a doubt it is a worthy successor to the iconic E-Type I used to dream of owning when I first saw it at the age of 8. From every angle the looks are sublime, the sound is glorious, more of which will be in Part 2, the interior is classic Jaguar wood leather and chrome, modern materials have their place but not for me. After 14,000 miles it stills puts a great big smile on my face. What more could I ask for, the performance of an R maybe?, no I think I can just about live without it.

1955David R

mike020150

Member
Posts:3469
Joined:Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:26 pm

Postby mike020150 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:35 pm

Hi David,
It's good to have another member put pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard!). I can't agree more. XK8s are great cars with or without superchargers. They look good, go well and can be made to sound glorious. Mike. :D


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests