7th/8th July - Where will YOU be?

Moderators:davidr, BigCatXJS, dhdove

User avatar
dhdove

Member
Posts:1539
Joined:Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:00 am
Location:South Gloucestershire
7th/8th July - Where will YOU be?

Postby dhdove » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:25 pm

Silverstone and Lewis Hamilton?
Harewood House JEC Northern Event?
Cadwell Park XJS Racing?

Dear All
WHAT A CHOICE :!:

I was just wondering what members were planning for this weekend - it really is packed with things to do.
( NB Pop, Jon - please don't say you'll be under the car tinkering with some oily bit!)

Libby and I are going up to Lincolnshire again on the Saturday and will be at Cadwell Park (fairly) bright and early on Sunday. I will put my Forum badge in the windscreen. If anyone else is attending and would like to meet up for a chat please pm/e-mail me up to Friday evening and we can swop mobile numbers. :D
I'll probably take loads of (boring, repetitive) XJS photos again and will endeavour to link them to the site for those who can't attend. Having said that if this weather keeps up there could be more thrills and spills :shock:

In the meantime I must get the car to the garage for a new n/s trailing arm which has gone from a slight tap to a LOUD clunk in the space of a couple of weeks. I was hoping to defer it to the Autumn service but it's got too bad for that - it's driving me nuts - and probably isn't doing the car a great deal of good!

So...what are you doing?

DH Dove

XJS Bulletin Board Moderator
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.

davidr

Moderator
Posts:2464
Joined:Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:31 pm
Location:Salisbury, Wilts

7th/8th July - Where will YOU be?

Postby davidr » Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:30 am

Unfortunately my domestic senior managment has decided that I'm taking them to the horse trials at Barbury Castle (near Marlborough). Last year it was was sponsored by Maybach so at least there was a car or two to look at.They had a McLaren Mercedes with a supercharged and turbocharged V8 - sounded awesome when I persuaded them to start it up.
This year it's sponsored by some financial adviser - I don't imagine that their pension plan will sound as good as that V8!!
In summary, well done to those of you who have slipped the domestic yoke and can contemplate Silverstone or Harewood or even if you can fit in both!

XJS FORUM COORDINATOR
1996 XJS Celebration Convertible 2001 XKR Convertible

Previously enjoyed!
1989 XJ-S V12 Coupe. 2006 XJ TDVi Sovereign. 1995 XJ6 3.2. 2013 XF 2.2d. 2009 X Type 2.0d Sovereign estate

poprivet

Member
Posts:1985
Joined:Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:20 pm
Location:Hampshire
Contact:

Re: 7th/8th July - Where will YOU be?

Postby poprivet » Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:28 pm


( NB Pop, Jon - please don't say you'll be under the car tinkering with some oily bit!)

I'll be under the car tinkering with some oily bit!
:wink: Pop


User avatar
dhdove

Member
Posts:1539
Joined:Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:00 am
Location:South Gloucestershire

7th/8th July - Where will YOU be?

Postby dhdove » Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:27 pm

David R
Perhaps Domestic SM ...........no, perhaps we won't go there.
Enjoy your day out with the horses
Pop
You lie, I think
See you at Southern Day, if not before, all being well
DH Dove

XJS Bulletin Board Moderator
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.

User avatar
GlennH
Posts:120
Joined:Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:24 pm
Location:March, Cambridgeshire

7th/8th July - Where will YOU be?

Postby GlennH » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:45 am

Cadwell park for me. :D

See you there.

Glenn.
1989 XJR-S 6.0.
2001 X-Type 3.0 Sport.
Both in British Racing Green.

ptjs1

Member
Posts:3520
Joined:Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:14 pm
Location:Kent

7th/8th July - Where will YOU be?

Postby ptjs1 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:55 am

Saturday - Up to Silverstone to watch the boy Hamilton annoy poor old Fernando even more by putting his McLaren on Pole. Then maybe a small flutter on Button to win at 125-1!

Sunday - Taking my daughter to watch the Tour De France roll past my back door (well, 1 mile away). I watched it last time in the UK in '94 and it's quite an impressive spectacle. So I've decided that it's one of the must-do things that my 9-year old daughter has to experience, such as:

- seeing an F1 car in the flesh (tick),
- being there when Chelsea win a Cup Final (tick),
- standing beside a Lancaster, Hurricane & Spitfire as they taxi (BIG LOUD ticks),
- meeting the REAL Father Christmas in Lapland (tick),
- riding on the back of my motorbike (tick but sshhhh don't tell her Mum!),
- travelling on a funicular railway (tick),
- travelling on a X-channel ferry (tick, XJS Forum trip to France),
- watching Leon Haslam win in BSB (tick),
- watching a match at the new Wembley (Charity Shield, 5th August).

So I guess that just leaves flying on Concorde (unlikely now, unless anyone can pull any strings for me!). What else is she missing in her sporting & motoring education?

(Just in case you were wondering, after we'd seen Father Christmas, we went quad-biking, so it is motoring-related!)


Anyway, to conclude, I won't be at Harewood or Cadwell Park. See you all at Littlecote!

Paul

1995 XJS 4.0 Convertible
1980 XJ-S Pre-HE
Jaguar 4.2 Supercharged engine (but not with a Jaguar body..)

xjs6000
Posts:22
Joined:Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:12 pm
Location:Bucks
Contact:

7th/8th July - Where will YOU be?

Postby xjs6000 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:36 pm

I will be at Cadwell Park of course. Where the real racing is this weekend :lol:

I will be racing in the XJS Championship races and the Future Classic race.
The Future Classic race is a new series of 40 minute - two driver races.
I am sharing the drive with Kevin Doyle. In my Blue XJRS. 8)

If you have time look us up in the Paddock. All are welcome. :)

Steve Davis

XJS6000

User avatar
dhdove

Member
Posts:1539
Joined:Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:00 am
Location:South Gloucestershire

7th/8th July - Where will YOU be?

Postby dhdove » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:47 pm

UPDATE

Picked the car up this morning from the garage, when they removed the n/s trailing arm the large front bush "fell out". OOPS :oops:
No wonder it was banging away like a good'un!
Drove home in perfect silence , thank goodness.

Weather seems OK (fingers, toes crossed etc.) for the weekend so have a good one wherever you are :D

Steve and Glenn, hope to meet up with you both at Cadwell Park, it would appear that once again it will be a small but select meeting 8)

I really hoped that we could promote this meet at one of the best tracks in the country as a regular XJS Forum venue but I guess it's just too far away AND every year clashes with something else.

Never Mind. I hope that everyone has a great weekend.

NB I'm told today that Oulton Park is a cracking circuit, well worth a visit..........This is on 11th August for XJS racing.....

Any Takers :?:

Kind Regards
DH Dove

XJS Bulletin Board Moderator
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests