Stupid DVLA jobsworths

Moderators:davidr, BigCatXJS, dhdove

poprivet

Member
Posts:1985
Joined:Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:20 pm
Location:Hampshire
Contact:
Stupid DVLA jobsworths

Postby poprivet » Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:02 pm

As I knew the xjs would be off the road for quite a while in doing the work on the front end, I returned the tax disc on a form V14 and made a SORN decleration etc. as I really needed the money.

Today six weeks later I had a letter from them saying my application was rejected as my name doesn't match their records. It seems I had put my middle name on the form whereas it isn't on the registration document such as 'pop the rivet' instead of 'pop rivet' if you see what I mean.

Also they have destroyed the tax disc for 'security reasons' and advised me to re-apply, although any money due will not be back-dated.

So if anyone is in a similar position dig out your registration document first and make sure its absolutely accurate. I might as well throw all the bits back on the car and keep on using it now as the insurance and MOT are still valid. I expect it will still be illegal though as I'm not displaying a current tax-disc. :evil:

SimonR

Member
Posts:578
Joined:Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:55 pm

Stupid DVLA jobsworths

Postby SimonR » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:29 pm

Grrrr. Stupid idiots!!

I once had a similar thing with an MoT certificate when I tried to get a tax disc at the Post Office - the Registration was A251 HPR and the grease monkey who had written out the MOT had written the '1' so it looked a bit like a 7. Fair enough EXCEPT that all the 7s on the MOT cert had a strike through them in the European stylee.

Still she wouldn't accept it and I had to drive a 30 mile round trip with no tax to get the MOT certificate re-written.

Bloody bureaucrats!

Pop - you should write back to them and say that their reply is 6 weeks late and as a result you're fining the bastards £160 - or £80 if they pay within two weeks ;)
Current cars: [b]1989 XJ-S 3.6 Manual[/b] & [b]2003 XK8 4.2L
[/b]
Previously enjoyed cars: other 3.6 Manual XJ-Ss and Daimler 4.0L XJ40s

JED1961
Posts:40
Joined:Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:36 pm

Stupid DVLA jobsworths

Postby JED1961 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:42 pm

:shock: they can be even be worse than that !! when they decided to bring out the photo license ome time ago ......i know of two people who when they got their photo license back thier entitlement to ride a motorcycle had been removed :shock: Due to a fire at dvla swansea the records of them having passing a motorcycle test had been lost !!
DESPITE ! a long drawn out arguement with dvla ,because they couldnt prove they had passed their tests (old license sent back with renewal) they both had to resit their tests


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest