Page 1 of 1

Photo size for JEC classifieds site?

Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:31 pm
by SteveB
Does anyone know what ratio photos should be for the JEC classifieds site to ensure they don't get distorted when uploaded?

Thanks

Steve

Re: Photo size for JEC classifieds site?

Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:45 pm
by ptjs1
Steve,

I don't think any of the club management will view this thread, so if I were you, i'd phone the office on Monday and ask Graham Searle.

Good luck

Paul

Re: Photo size for JEC classifieds site?

Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:30 pm
by SteveB
I've sent the office an email, but I think I have it sorted - the photos need to be 640 x 480 ratio, not widescreen 768 x 432. Will suggest that the site could have some useful guidelines to help in this area.

Thanks

Steve

Re: Photo size for JEC classifieds site?

Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:07 pm
by jBlackwell
Hi Steve,
Sorry for the delay in responding to this thread, all the management were attending the NEC motorshow in Birmingham this weekend, so have been unable to access or monitor the Bulletin Board as we would like to.

The Classifieds site can take images up to 8MB each and just normal photo aspect is required. Images around 1.2MB also stop any quality being lost when transfered to the magazine for publication.

James Blackwell

Re: Photo size for JEC classifieds site?

Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:44 pm
by SteveB
Hi James

Thanks for the clarification and I hope you all enjoyed the motor show.

I think it would be useful to add these points to the classifieds site under an FAQ section to help other in future.

Thanks

Steve

Re: Photo size for JEC classifieds site?

Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:45 pm
by jBlackwell
Good idea,
Will look to get that implemented.

Regards

James Blackwell

Re: Photo size for JEC classifieds site?

Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:58 pm
by ptjs1
James,

There also seem to be problems when running with the mobile version of the classified site. When trying to place an advert, it just goes back to the menu page.

Paul

Re: Photo size for JEC classifieds site?

Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:59 pm
by jBlackwell
Hi Paul,
Thank you for that. The biggest issues we are having are generally related to Internet Explorer since their launch of IE8, but this should not effect the mobile version.

Are you on a Windows phone, or Android Paul?

James