Page 1 of 1

Driver's side top door hinge for a facelift coupe

Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:29 pm
by almcl
Does anyone know of a face lift being broken for parts that could provide a UK driver's side top door hinge?

I know an old hinge is likely to be worn but a machine shop near me has an idea for a repair scheme and I'd like to try this out before committing to remove my present, slightly droopy one.

Just to be clear, it's this one:
HINGE8.jpg
HINGE8.jpg (9.67KiB)Viewed 1682 times

Re: Driver's side top door hinge for a facelift coupe

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:14 pm
by greeban
http://www.grublogger.co.uk/pages/contactform.html did have refurbished ones so you might find this is a cheaper/easier route if he still has one or can give you the details of where he had his done.

Re: Driver's side top door hinge for a facelift coupe

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:31 pm
by mwsmith29
Yes I have one it is quite worn. I can post it if you want to test the repair.
I got a replacement from a LHD car. It is OK but but not perfect by any means so a refurbed part is a good option.

Re: Driver's side top door hinge for a facelift coupe

Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:16 pm
by almcl
Thank you so much for that kind offer, but I have now sourced a refurbished one (at huge expense!)