Driver's side top door hinge for a facelift coupe

Moderators:davidr, BigCatXJS, dhdove

User avatar
almcl

Member
Posts:775
Joined:Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:56 pm
Location:Shropshire
Driver's side top door hinge for a facelift coupe

Postby almcl » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:29 pm

Does anyone know of a face lift being broken for parts that could provide a UK driver's side top door hinge?

I know an old hinge is likely to be worn but a machine shop near me has an idea for a repair scheme and I'd like to try this out before committing to remove my present, slightly droopy one.

Just to be clear, it's this one:
HINGE8.jpg
HINGE8.jpg (9.67KiB)Viewed 1655 times
Al McL
'93 XJS 4.0 - '20 XF 2.0 Sportbrake

greeban

Member
Posts:252
Joined:Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:05 am

Re: Driver's side top door hinge for a facelift coupe

Postby greeban » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:14 pm

http://www.grublogger.co.uk/pages/contactform.html did have refurbished ones so you might find this is a cheaper/easier route if he still has one or can give you the details of where he had his done.

mwsmith29

Member
Posts:18
Joined:Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:46 pm
Location:Nelson, Lancashire

Re: Driver's side top door hinge for a facelift coupe

Postby mwsmith29 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:31 pm

Yes I have one it is quite worn. I can post it if you want to test the repair.
I got a replacement from a LHD car. It is OK but but not perfect by any means so a refurbed part is a good option.
Red XJS 4.0 coupe 1991 (101K)
White 1992 XJS v12 conv (27K) now sold,
Blue 2015 XE 2.0 prestige

User avatar
almcl

Member
Posts:775
Joined:Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:56 pm
Location:Shropshire

Re: Driver's side top door hinge for a facelift coupe

Postby almcl » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:16 pm

Thank you so much for that kind offer, but I have now sourced a refurbished one (at huge expense!)
Al McL
'93 XJS 4.0 - '20 XF 2.0 Sportbrake


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests