Hello fellow Jaguar enthusiasts
I've been restoring my 1989 XJ-S V12 for three years now (two in Hungary, one at home in Switzerland). Next project is replacement of the worn engine fan bearing. Part number is EAC3437. On the back of the bearing "FPS 380" is stamped. Does anyone have an NOS or good as new fan bearing? Is it possible to refurbish such bearings (combined roller and ball bearing)?
In case anyone is interested, I can share my experience with the restoration in Hungary. I have both good and bad experiences and if someone is considering a rebuild there, I have valuable tips.
KR
Wanted: Fan bearing EAC3437
Moderators:davidr, BigCatXJS, dhdove
- EightynineXJS
- Posts:1
- Joined:Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:16 am
- Location:Switzerland
*************
1989/09 V12 XJ-S Coupe (Marelli ign.)
1989/09 V12 XJ-S Coupe (Marelli ign.)
Re: Wanted: Fan bearing EAC3437
Hi KR. As you've already found, that part is now NLA from Jaguar - good luck in finding one!
I would be very interested in seeing the story of your restoration and I'm sure many other members would too.
Do you feel like posting some pictures and a few words on here? We coukd even make a magazine article out of it.
If you'd like to do that then please contact me at XJS.jec@gmail.com.
Regards
David Randall
I would be very interested in seeing the story of your restoration and I'm sure many other members would too.
Do you feel like posting some pictures and a few words on here? We coukd even make a magazine article out of it.
If you'd like to do that then please contact me at XJS.jec@gmail.com.
Regards
David Randall
XJS FORUM COORDINATOR
1996 XJS Celebration Convertible 2001 XKR Convertible
Previously enjoyed!
1989 XJ-S V12 Coupe. 2006 XJ TDVi Sovereign. 1995 XJ6 3.2. 2013 XF 2.2d. 2009 X Type 2.0d Sovereign estate
1996 XJS Celebration Convertible 2001 XKR Convertible
Previously enjoyed!
1989 XJ-S V12 Coupe. 2006 XJ TDVi Sovereign. 1995 XJ6 3.2. 2013 XF 2.2d. 2009 X Type 2.0d Sovereign estate
Re: Wanted: Fan bearing EAC3437
While scrolling round the interweb thingy, I hit the following page that might be helpful
https://forums.lr4x4.com/topic/18670-30 ... n-bearing/
particularly when he starts talking about Timken
https://forums.lr4x4.com/topic/18670-30 ... n-bearing/
particularly when he starts talking about Timken
1986 XJ6 Sovereign Series III
1991 XJS V12 "facelift"
2021 I-Pace SE
1991 XJS V12 "facelift"
2021 I-Pace SE
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

