Quick question… I’ve got a big polishing machine so can get a mirror shine on Stainless – But what are the tail pipe finishers materials? I’ve not got one to look at yet as my car has aftermarket rear square tail pipes and I’d like to go back to the correct twin pipe XJR-S boxes.
There’s a company online that stocks the tail pipe finishers – Are they welded on to the boxes? Thanks for your help as I’ve never looked up close to one in real life!
Tail pipe finishers – Chrome or Stainless?
Moderators:davidr, BigCatXJS, dhdove
1992 XJR-S 6.0L JaguarSport Tuned V12
-
Brakebuster
- Posts:3145
- Joined:Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:17 pm
- Location:Gloucester UK
Re: Tail pipe finishers – Chrome or Stainless?
the four individual finishers are indeed stainless and are polished, and can be easily brought back to life
however, there are several types and you need the right ones , they are listed in the Heritage parts , as are the twin output back box's , they are not welded, and use a bolt to fix them after turning them to get the right angle for the finished look you want
though not a facelift, here are mine

BB
however, there are several types and you need the right ones , they are listed in the Heritage parts , as are the twin output back box's , they are not welded, and use a bolt to fix them after turning them to get the right angle for the finished look you want
though not a facelift, here are mine

BB
1989 5.3ltr V12 XJS Coupé FULLY RESTORED
2015 2.2TD Sportbrake in BRG and black leather
1994 3.2S XJ40 in Morocco Red with Doeskin interior
old cars
1999 4ltr Sovereign XJ8
2004 X-Type
2015 2.2TD Sportbrake in BRG and black leather
1994 3.2S XJ40 in Morocco Red with Doeskin interior
old cars
1999 4ltr Sovereign XJ8
2004 X-Type
Re: Tail pipe finishers – Chrome or Stainless?
Perfect, thank you, I had hoped so. There's a set of the twin boxes on ebay at the moment that I'm after. Good to know the pipes can be tweaked.
I can polish them on my 'little' 2hp machine

I can polish them on my 'little' 2hp machine

1992 XJR-S 6.0L JaguarSport Tuned V12
-
Brakebuster
- Posts:3145
- Joined:Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:17 pm
- Location:Gloucester UK
Re: Tail pipe finishers – Chrome or Stainless?
now, i dont want to poopoo these pipes, but i dont think they are original ones,
the boxes are not marked JaguarSport , and the tailpipe trims are the wrong shape , they only have one bend in them ,
the box's are SPE118 and SPE119 ,
the trims are ( 4x) SPE1161
which is the setup on my car
pays ur money , takes ur choice
BB
the boxes are not marked JaguarSport , and the tailpipe trims are the wrong shape , they only have one bend in them ,
the box's are SPE118 and SPE119 ,
the trims are ( 4x) SPE1161
which is the setup on my car
pays ur money , takes ur choice
BB
1989 5.3ltr V12 XJS Coupé FULLY RESTORED
2015 2.2TD Sportbrake in BRG and black leather
1994 3.2S XJ40 in Morocco Red with Doeskin interior
old cars
1999 4ltr Sovereign XJ8
2004 X-Type
2015 2.2TD Sportbrake in BRG and black leather
1994 3.2S XJ40 in Morocco Red with Doeskin interior
old cars
1999 4ltr Sovereign XJ8
2004 X-Type
Re: Tail pipe finishers – Chrome or Stainless?
Oh interesting. I know so little! I'm winning them at the moment, so if I win them at the end, I'll know if they are right or not. May well simply have the wrong finishers on them? We'll see. As mine is a face lift, there's a little more room around the bumper for them to exit I suppose?
1992 XJR-S 6.0L JaguarSport Tuned V12
-
Brakebuster
- Posts:3145
- Joined:Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:17 pm
- Location:Gloucester UK
Re: Tail pipe finishers – Chrome or Stainless?
cool
i'm not saying they won't for or look good
but i think they are aftermarket units, including the trims
just for information , the facelift cars used exactly the same exhaust components at the back as the pre-facelift
BB
i'm not saying they won't for or look good
but i think they are aftermarket units, including the trims
just for information , the facelift cars used exactly the same exhaust components at the back as the pre-facelift
BB
1989 5.3ltr V12 XJS Coupé FULLY RESTORED
2015 2.2TD Sportbrake in BRG and black leather
1994 3.2S XJ40 in Morocco Red with Doeskin interior
old cars
1999 4ltr Sovereign XJ8
2004 X-Type
2015 2.2TD Sportbrake in BRG and black leather
1994 3.2S XJ40 in Morocco Red with Doeskin interior
old cars
1999 4ltr Sovereign XJ8
2004 X-Type
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests
