Page 1 of 1

Stainless Exhaust systems

Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:33 pm
by djb200
I am thinking of replacing the exhaust on my 1992 4.0 litr coupe with stainless steel. Longlife exhausta have provided a decent quote (£549 fitted)and the guy I spoke to seems to know what he is doing. However before I take the plunge has anyone got any alternative suggestions or recommendations?

Johnb

Stainless Exhaust systems

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:23 pm
by mdelvis
Hi, have you checked double S. www.stainlesssteelexhausts.co.uk.

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:43 pm
by ptjs1
It might be worth phoning AJ6 engineering. They do good quality systems in SS, and it would also give you the opportunity to use their replacement centre box straight-through pipes which release a bit more oomph without making it too loud. They're pretty good on price, too.

(If you're reading this, AJ6, how about a discount next time I need something?!)

Paul
95 4.0 convertible

Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:28 pm
by cya266x
And, there's Falcon exhausts from www.davidmanners.co.uk. I have had a mediocre experience with "Longlife" on another car, involving several trips back to get things sorted.
I have also just fitted a stainless system to my HE and it's not easy, it takes a long time and patience to make it fit well. (my exhaust is a Larini Sports system, very pleased with it too. But, a bit more expensive).

Stainless Exhaust systems

Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 4:48 pm
by harrys1314
35 years of experience in piping tells me 2 things;
Check the GRADE of stainless being offered, should be 304 L
Check the schedule being offered-sched 5 great.

The fact that stainless is being offered is one thing, how it is stored and fitted is another. Before ordering, ask to see where the exhausts are stored . If they are in among carbon steel exhausts, walk away...cross contamination from carbon to stainless is a distinct possibility, and corrosion will develop. Same applies to fitting. If wire brushes/grinders are being used on dissimilar metals, corrosion awaits.

Since you only expect to install 1 stainless exhaust in a cars lifetime,the above is vital for longevity. I'll be putting one on my 1989 3.6 auto in the near future. look forward to your results.